How to get Quicken to use telephone call for account validation

Account validation/verification (account reset feature) - Quicken only offers text message validation, even when the account only has voice telephone numbers configured and the Quicken customer does not have a cell phone. Major problem! How to get around it?
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Once the account is created and the phone is supplied, I'm not sure if you can get around it without contacting Quicken support.  In the past I do remember that the phone number was optional, and if it wasn't supplied, they would use the email address to verify the account.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Account validation/verification (account reset feature) - Quicken only offers text message validation, even when the account only has voice telephone numbers configured and the Quicken customer does not have a cell phone. Major problem! How to get around it?
    Are you referring to the Quicken.com security codes?  If so, you can log into your online Quicken.com account and change the setting to Email or Phone Call.  You can access your online Quicken.com account at Quicken.com or from within Quicken:  Help > Manage Your Subscription > My Quicken Account.
    Or are you talking about 2FA/Account Verification for specific account(s) within Quicken?  If so, which kind of account(s) and which Financial Institution(s)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• notanewbie
    notanewbie Member ✭✭
    I am not talking about my Quicken account. I am talking about ANY bank account, credit card and other account that Quicken can track - the phone numbers presented by Quicken are clearly from the account details provided by the financial institution, but Quicken always assumes/presumes they have SMS/text capabilities - they DO NOT!
  • @notanewbie - I think I understand what you are saying. A verification code is asked for during the one step update, or account setup, or account reset, and you want a phone call to provide  you with the code, rather than a text message.

And, the issue is Quicken only allows for a text message to send the verification code.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @notanewbie - did you check your e-mail for the verification codes?  That is the other way that codes can be sent.  Sometimes these e-mails may be difficult to find because they go into your "Junk Mail" folder.

The only other thing I can recommend to call Quicken Customer Support see if they can update some settings in your account to send these verification codes to your e-mail address that you provided to Quicken.
  • notanewbie
    notanewbie Member ✭✭
    Confirmed.

For a given financial institution, that institution KNOWS that a particular phone number is voice only. When dealing directly with the institution, and verifying things, the institution makes the voice call and provides the code verbally (granted it is a machine speaking). When you go through Quicken, you cannot get the code verbally.
  • @notanewbie, are you also able to confirm that you didn't get any e-mail confirmations?  Sometimes these e-mails end up in your "Junk Mail" folder, so you would need to also check there.
  • notanewbie
    notanewbie Member ✭✭
    Confirmed
  • @notanewbie, Ok Thanks.  Sorry, I misunderstood that your "Confirmed" referred to e-mail.  Well, the only thing I can recommend at this point is to contact Quicken Customer Support and explain to them you do not have a phone that can accept text messages and you are not receiving the confirmation/verification codes via e-mail as well. 
This discussion has been closed.