PayPal Transitioning to a new system every time I poll an institution update

dirtbagdad
dirtbagdad Member ✭✭
Hello,

Every time I update my accounts, I see a message indicating PayPal is transitioning to a new system for updating. Quicken for Mac behaves as though I'm setting up these accounts for the first time. However, this happens every single time I update and is time consuming.

Is there a way to get this to stick, or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks,
Eric

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Hello,

Every time I update my accounts, I see a message indicating PayPal is transitioning to a new system for updating. Quicken for Mac behaves as though I'm setting up these accounts for the first time. However, this happens every single time I update and is time consuming.

Is there a way to get this to stick, or is this some kind of bug?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Hello @dirtbagdad,        

I do apologize about these messages appearing upon One Step Updates. Thank you for communicating with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you searched your online profile with Paypal for any options regarding third-party software connectivity? There may be some kind of prompt in the financial institution's website regarding this message that must be responded to. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, then click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, then click Next 

You may then add your Paypal account(s) exclusively, by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen. I am curious about whether or not this message appears in the test file, as well.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.