Using Quicken On The Web - sharing between 2 computers ?

Options
quickbrowne
quickbrowne Member
edited July 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I've got Quicken on one of my laptops (location A). I've also got Quicken on another laptop (location B.) If location A has the local file, how can I best use Quicken at location B? How can they by synced?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q on the web is NOT a backup copy of your Q data file.  It contains only a subset of  what's in the desktop data file.
    BUT, you can backup to the web via various means and then restore to the other machine.
    OR,  as I did when traveling  constantly on business,  I backed up to a  USB drive and then took that with me to restore at the remote site.  This method is simpler, and more reliable, that a web backup PLUS it gets you a backup copy on  the USB/Flash drive.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    quickbrowne said: how can I best use Quicken at location B? How can they by synced?
    Two different scenarios -
    If you just want B to access some of the data - you can use either the Quicken Mobile App - or browser Quicken on the Web -
    There is NO way to sync between different computers..... you have to manually come up with a scheme that works for you with somehow copying the QDF file from A, sending it to B, and opening it on the B computer - and then sending it back -
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.