It is impossible to order new software Quicken Le Grande - Dutch

lubowi
lubowi Member
edited August 2022 in Before you Buy
On the website I signed in and than tried to buy Quicken. When I finally fill in my Dutch postcode 4560 it tells me to fill in a valid postcode!?!?
It looks like that Quicken does not recognise the Dutch Quicken and still wants the postcode of the Dutch ambassy. (I thought that America had grown up and accepted that in business there are more countries.) I spent more than enough time to get Quicken Le Grande: I probably should forget Quicken after many year having used Quicken.

Comments

• @lubowi - try adding a zero to the beginning of the postcode to make it "04560".  The US ZIP (Post) Codes are 5 digits long.  I am only guessing this might work but it's worth a try.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lubowi said: On the website I signed in and than tried to buy Quicken. When I finally fill in my Dutch postcode 4560 ...
    What exactly do you expect to do with your installed Quicken - many online features will not work outside of the US ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the zip code of a Dutch embassy or consulate in the US.  Q will not be sending you anything in the post, only emails, so your email is the only thing that has to be 100% correct.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    splasher said:
    Just use the zip code of a Dutch embassy or consulate in the US.  Q will not be sending you anything in the post, only emails, so your email is the only thing that has to be 100% correct.
    To clarify: you don't need to use the embassy zip code. You just have to use any valid US zip code: a 5-digit number. 

Quicken is sold and supported only in the US and Canada. If you want to use it completely manually, then entering a US zip code will bypass the simple check which the online order web page is performing. Just know that you will not be able to connect with you financial institutions and will be using Quicken to manually enter your transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Delapaz
    Delapaz Member
    I suspect that the Zip code might be used to apply sales taxes. So which state has the lowest rate?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Hampshire has no Sales Tax. 03054
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.