Using category groups in reports

PMeaders
PMeaders Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I see that each category is also assigned a group. How do you use these group labels? I have not found any reports which include the group?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    PMeaders said:
    I have my categories divided into groups for budgeting. Ther budgeting page shows the categories sorted by groups. However there are no reports which organize the data this. Even the budget reports do not group categories by group. I have a very clumsy way of screen scaping to get the data into excel, however it is a pain.
    You can group the budget report by category groups.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    If you go to reports > Spending by Category > Customize (Spending by Category) across the top of the list there will be tabs to use with your report, one of them is Category Groups
  • PMeaders
    PMeaders Member ✭✭
    I have looked at all of the spending reports. The Category Groups tab is used to help filter items for the report. I am looking for a report where the group is listed as one of the columns.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go to Tools > Category List and print the list including the Group for each Category by clicking on the printer icon at the bottom left. You can also sort the list by Group if you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • PMeaders
    PMeaders Member ✭✭
    I have my categories divided into groups for budgeting. Ther budgeting page shows the categories sorted by groups. However there are no reports which organize the data this. Even the budget reports do not group categories by group. I have a very clumsy way of screen scaping to get the data into excel, however it is a pain.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    PMeaders said:
    You can group the budget report by category groups.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, you can set the Banking > Cash Flow and Cash Flow by Tag reports so that they are organized and subtotaled by Category Group.

Despite its name, the Cash Flow by Tag report is very flexible; you can select what is displayed in both the rows and the columns.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.