What has become of Tags in Quicken?

Bill2907
Bill2907 Member ✭✭
The tag functionality seems to have disappeared. I've never used it before, but I suddenly have a use for it, and it doesn't seem to exist anymore! I can find a place to create new tags, but there is no longer an option in the registry preferences to show tags, and I can't find any references to them in the menu structure. Has this functionality been eliminated?

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @bill2907 - click on the "register" icon just to the right of the "Balance" and you will see a list to choose from.  Just check "Tag" and it will be added to your register.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    You can use "Memorized Payees".   The easiest way to set this up is to right click on a transaction in your register that you want to use as a "template" and choose "Memorize Payee" from the menu.  Once the Memorized Payee is added to the list, you can edit it to suit your needs.

Just to let you know, you don't need a Tag column in your register.  If you use Tags and don't have a Tag column, the Tag shows up in the Category column after a forward slash ( / ).  Some users find it easier to deal with Tags this way.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tags still exist. What level of QWin are you using? Starter, Deluxe, Premier, or H&B?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @bill2907 - click on the "register" icon just to the right of the "Balance" and you will see a list to choose from.  Just check "Tag" and it will be added to your register.

• Bill2907
    Bill2907 Member ✭✭
    My mistake! It should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer. Thanks a lot for your help!
  • Bill2907
    Bill2907 Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to auto-associate a tag with a specific payee or transaction type?
  • No worries!  There are usually several ways to get to an option in Quicken.  A lot of times it's like an Easter egg hunt.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    You can use "Memorized Payees".   The easiest way to set this up is to right click on a transaction in your register that you want to use as a "template" and choose "Memorize Payee" from the menu.  Once the Memorized Payee is added to the list, you can edit it to suit your needs.

Just to let you know, you don't need a Tag column in your register.  If you use Tags and don't have a Tag column, the Tag shows up in the Category column after a forward slash ( / ).  Some users find it easier to deal with Tags this way.
  • Bill2907
    Bill2907 Member ✭✭
    Thanks a lot. This was very helpful!
  • csmmog
    csmmog Member ✭✭
    no tag heading for reports
  • @csmmog - it depends on what type of report you are looking at, but Tags should be an option on most standard report templates.

This discussion has been closed.