Quicken for Mac v6.7 Released

Quicken Victoria
Quicken Victoria Employee, Mac Beta Beta

We've made great improvements to your Investing experience, and continued to focus on connectivity and overall product stability.  These are some of the release highlights:

Dark Mode is ready for prime time, having graduated from being our first Early Access feature.

Quicken will match your system’s appearance by default. If you have Dark Mode turned on, or set to “Auto”, on your Mac, Quicken will change modes along with your other software. If you’d like to always view Quicken in Light or Dark, change the setting:

Go to Quicken > Preferences and then find the Appearance menu on the General tab.

Highlight Rows on Hover 

Scan your transactions with a mouse or trackpad. Watch the rows highlighted for better visibility.

When you’re getting into the weeds of your finances, every little bit helps. Highlighting rows on hover is a simple and effective way to add focus to the transaction under your cursor. 

Drag & Drop Cards 

Rearrange the cards in your investing dashboard using drag and drop. 

We continue to improve your investing experience with the ability to rearrange the cards in your dashboard. First, click, hold, and drag down from a card’s title area. Then, drop your card on top of another card to swap positions or in the gap between cards to place it to the left or right of that card.

Pie Chart Drill-Down 

Drill-down into asset classes or “Other” slices from our dashboard charts to reveal more of your data.

You can now drill down to reveal securities that make up an asset class. The ability to drill down greatly improves the Asset Allocation and Allocation by Security cards. You can also select the Other slice to display the next level when you have more securities than can fit on a pie chart. 

Other enhancements to the Investing features:

Toolbar

The new flexible Portfolio toolbar is now located in the same location as the toolbars in Dashboard and Transactions. As the window shrinks, the buttons collapse into the “"” menu.

Edit Share Price and Edit Share Balance

In all investing accounts, you can now edit the Share Price of any security. For Simple Tracking accounts, you can also edit the Share Balance.

Calculate transactions with Share Price

In our last release, we introduced the ability to calculate investment transactions using price per share instead of total cost. We’ve extended that feature to apply to Reinvest transactions. 

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything fixed around the major issue with Quicken Cloud Sync being On causing years old transactions to be changed and one side of transfers to disappear? I really want to upgrade to version 6.7 and turn Quicken Cloud Sync back on so I can use Quicken Mobile again. That said, I’m not willing to risk my Quicken data file being trashed again as soon as I turn on sync. Any fix in v6.7?
    -Jay
  • Quicken_ChrisC
    Quicken_ChrisC Employee ✭✭✭
    JayBugs said:
    Is there anything fixed around the major issue with Quicken Cloud Sync being On causing years old transactions to be changed and one side of transfers to disappear? I really want to upgrade to version 6.7 and turn Quicken Cloud Sync back on so I can use Quicken Mobile again. That said, I’m not willing to risk my Quicken data file being trashed again as soon as I turn on sync. Any fix in v6.7?
    Hi Jay! That sounds like a bug that was fixed in the 6.6.1 release. We identified an issue where transactions were processed as newly-aggregated every time they were downloaded during sync. Much of the time it was benign, but depending your usage pattern (and renaming rules, QuickFill rules, etc) it could end up modifying already-processed transactions.
  • Alan T.
    Alan T. Member ✭✭
    Defaulting price changes to the current date makes it cumbersome to change multiple prices on a specific date, such as the end of the previous month to match financial statements. I think it would be much more useful to default to the portfolio view date (data as of) which could be any date including the current one.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan T. said:
    Defaulting price changes to the current date makes it cumbersome to change multiple prices on a specific date, such as the end of the previous month to match financial statements. I think it would be much more useful to default to the portfolio view date (data as of) which could be any date including the current one.
    The new feature to update security quotes is a great step forward - thank you!!!

I do agree with the above comment - having the pop-up date default to the "view date" would further simplify the manual update procedure and reduce the chances for error.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new additions from what I've seen so far, particularly the shorter way to update security prices.  Thanks for adding those.  However, an issue that I've noted for years still remains unaddressed.  This issue is presented here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866385/make-hidden-investment-account-data-visible-in-investment-history-q-mac-edited#latest.  Here's what we were told back at version 6.3: 

This issue was noted as an oversight.  I'd just like to be able to hide all my closed accounts, but still have that data reflected in the historical portfolio graphs.  Thanks for listening.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    This release FINALLY got rid of the pop-up error every time I synched Quicken. I hope it's gone for good.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• Jay Dubb
    Jay Dubb Member
    The new highlight rows on hover is too distracting. I looked for a preference to turn it off, but there isn't one. Please add one.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Highlight rows doesn't appear to be working for me.  The example above shows the selected row in dark text with other rows in gray.   When I'm on a row, the row changes to a bluish gray.  Is that the highlight?  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    Jay Dubb said:
    The new highlight rows on hover is too distracting. I looked for a preference to turn it off, but there isn't one. Please add one.
    Funnily enough, I think the hover is not distinctive enough! It's much more subtle than the above screenshot. Does yours look more like Victoria's screenshot above or mine below?

Rick2022 said:
    Highlight rows doesn't appear to be working for me.  The example above shows the selected row in dark text with other rows in gray.   When I'm on a row, the row changes to a bluish gray.  Is that the highlight?  
    The hover effect is much more subtle than what is depicted in the screenshot above. I'm on macOS 11.6.5, in case that matters. Below is a screenshot. The text is not bolded, and the row is not "zoomed in" as it appears to be in Victoria's screenshot in the original post.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The highlight thing seems intended to be quite subtle, and just a quick way to locate where your cursor is. On any screen, and especially a big screen, when you move your cursor, if you aren't looking at the little arrow, it can taker a second or two for your eye to pick up where it is. I think the subtle row highlight is most effective if you move your mouse/trackpad up and down a few times, and the movement will catch your eye so you can pick up where your cursor is on the screen. (It's similar to the macOS effect where rapid back and forth movement of your mouse/trackpad makes the cursor briefly triple in size so you can find it on a large screen.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jay Dubb said:
    Funnily enough, I think the hover is not distinctive enough! It's much more subtle than the above screenshot. Does yours look more like Victoria's screenshot above or mine below?

Rick2022 said:
    The hover effect is much more subtle than what is depicted in the screenshot above. I'm on macOS 11.6.5, in case that matters. Below is a screenshot. The text is not bolded, and the row is not "zoomed in" as it appears to be in Victoria's screenshot in the original post.

Yes, mine looks like yours - sort of blue gray - without bolding the text.   I like this but I would hate the pop-out bold text as seems to be indicated by Victoria's post.

BTW, where is Marcus.  He usually starts these threads.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    @jacobs

As a long time Quicken user ('94) and the direction it was headed after Q2007, I am grateful that Marcus was involved.  He made a world of difference to Quicken and Mac users.  I also appreciate your assistance in these forums.  Thanks for jotting done the history of Quicken.  

Welcome @Quicken_Victoria,  you have some huge shoes to fill.
  • Just Lurking
    jacobs said:

Marcus was a tremendous force in the development of the modern Quicken Mac, and current Quicken Mac users owe him their gratitude for battling to bring the new program to fruition. For anyone who may be interested, here's my history of what happened, and the crucial role Marcus played in today's Quicken Mac...
    Thanks for sharing that. I've seen bits and pieces of this story over time, but never this comprehensive. My time with Quicken for Mac is much shorter than yours (since 2018, I think), but I was also reassured and impressed by the steady improvements in the app and by @""Quicken Marcus" willingness to communicate and set expectations.
    jacobs said:

Here's hoping Marcus is happy in his new role at Quicken, and that Victoria will prove to be a great successor to Marcus in shepherding the ongoing development of Quicken Mac. Best wishes to both!

Hear, hear! Congrats to both of them, and here's to @Quicken Victoria  continuing Marcus's tradition of engaging in the new release thread and in the beta forums.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    Rick2022 said:
    BTW, where is Marcus.  He usually starts these threads.
    @Rick2022 Marcus is no longer the product manager for Quicken Mac. He has moved on to a different position at Quicken to work on a different aspect of the Quicken ecosystem. Victoria is "the new Marcus"; she is now the product manager for Quicken Mac. 

------

Marcus was a tremendous force in the development of the modern Quicken Mac, and current Quicken Mac users owe him their gratitude for battling to bring the new program to fruition. For anyone who may be interested, here's my history of what happened, and the crucial role Marcus played in today's Quicken Mac...

Here's hoping Marcus is happy in his new role at Quicken, and that Victoria will prove to be a great successor to Marcus in shepherding the ongoing development of Quicken Mac. Best wishes to both!

Where did you get all this info? I am just learning about this. Seems I have missed a lot.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it happened with this release.  Clicking on the update accounts (circular arrow) now takes 2 - 3 times or more the amount of time it used to take.  Is anyone seeing this?
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Rick2022 said:
    I believe it happened with this release.  Clicking on the update accounts (circular arrow) now takes 2 - 3 times or more the amount of time it used to take.  Is anyone seeing this?
    I have not noticed that behavior with my connected accounts. 
  • Just Lurking
    Disappointing that @Quicken Victoria hasn't made a single comment on this thread, not even to weigh in on the visual difference between the "highlight rows" in screenshots above and what appears to have shipped in 6.7 and 6.7.1.

I hope we will see some interaction in the thread for Quicken 6.8.

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see 6.8 is out.  I've not seen a thread announcing it however.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hight level release notes for 6.8 are at: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-mac-release-notes
    -Jay
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get 6.8 even if I do a "Check for Updates".  Did they stop the rollout?
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Both my production and beta versions updated this morning. 
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    The issue that I've noted about hidden accounts hiding information from historical investment graphs (retirement, education, top portfolio headings, etc.) persists. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Rick2022 said:
    I can't get 6.8 even if I do a "Check for Updates".  Did they stop the rollout?
    The way Quicken routinely rolls out a new version is a "staged" release: after the first thousand or several thousand people download it, it stops being offered for a few days as the developers wait to see if there are any major issues found which did not surface during internal and beta testing. If there are no significant problems reported, they will resume offering the release to another group, and within a few days to everyone. If any problems are noted by users, they may make quick fixes and resume the rollout with a .1 version. So it's normal for a few people to get a new release and others not to get it for a few days.

Snoopy FC said:
    I see 6.8 is out.  I've not seen a thread announcing it however. 
    The product manager may be waiting for the formal announcement message with what's new in 6.8 until they open the download to everyone. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Except that I kept being offered 6.8 after Rick2022 could not get it. So I don't think staged release is the issue. Also, for a while now, staged release only has meant that updates would not be offered after the first X downloads, but you could always for the update by manually checking for update. So again, I think Rick2022's problem is something else. What, I have no idea.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I just opened Quicken and wasn't offered the update.  I did the "Check for Updates" and it says I'm up to date with 6.7.1.

Maybe I'll get it in a day or so.
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    @Rick2022

Try downloading it from "My account" under the Quicken logo on the top right side of Quicken
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  I did the Check for Updates late last night and was able to update.