Disappearing Icons

bc258
bc258 Member ✭✭
the Icons disappear when scrolling over them and after downloading transaction and excepting them the background enlarges to huge letters.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bc258 said:
    the Icons disappear when scrolling over them and after downloading transaction and excepting them the background enlarges to huge letters.
    Hello @bc258

I am sorry to hear about this problem with icons disappearing. Thank you for drawing our attention to this here on the Quicken Community.

First, when did this issue begin? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, then you should be able to restore from a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File... I am wondering if this behavior will continue in a restored backup. 

Also, where is the current active data file located? You should be able to verify this by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen, mentioned earlier. Make sure that this data file is located in your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these can locations can cause erratic program behavior, or even data damage.

I am eager to see your replies regarding your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since the installation of the latest Quicken update, please do that first and try Quicken again.

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
      or
    • Use Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ and right-click qw.exe
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10, 11: Click "Change high DPI settings".  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!). Click OK.
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    This has been going on for maybe 6 months now, Quicken R41.19 starter edition Build 27.1.41.19 on Windows 11 Enterprise
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    I have my scaling at 125 for display but has been that way even before this started
  • @bc258 - have you seen this?  It has some useful tips that could improve Quicken performance - 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915476/faq-are-there-any-windows-settings-that-can-improve-quicken-s-performance

I find that setting the Quicken program/app to "High Performance" makes a big difference on my laptop.
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    I tried this and still having the same problem
    Thanks tho
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    Only happens on the bill and income and home dashboard the top of Payees will disappear.
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Also after paying a bill the screen will show huge text "due in 30 days " or some other text and all the rest of bills disappear
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, please try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    did not help
  • bc258
    bc258 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    my patch is at the Release R42.8. The thing about it is that it only does it on the bill and Income..
This discussion has been closed.