Reports show extra columns

Options
BNAUser
BNAUser Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
23-year Quicken user. Have multiple Quicken files. In the last few months, in only a few of my Quicken files, when I run a Net Worth or Account Balances report, the report defaults to showing three columns, all with the heading of today's date. The first two columns have zeroes next to each account. The third column has correct data. Any idea how to get rid of this glitch? Only happens in a few of my Quicken files, not all.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @BNAUser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating the data files that you are experiencing this issue with. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that only happens in some files suggests file corruption to me.  I suggest that you validate those files, and if you are using saved reports in the problem files, then try re-creating them.  

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next questions:
    What reports are you creating?
    What date range, interval or column (e.g., Year to Date, Column = Month) are you selecting?

Can you please capture one or more images of the report view showing the top portion of the view from report title down to the first couple of report lines, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.