Itemized Payees No Date Column

jtgostars
jtgostars Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is there anyway to get an itemized Payee report that has a separate column for the transaction date?

It looks like the standard report currently puts the Payee and Date in a single column. This makes it difficult to sort by date even after exporting to Excel. I have to then use a complex formula to "split" the date off of the Payee into a separate column

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to by "the standard report."  I did a quick run through a few reports I might use to get some sort of spending by payee and they all seemed to segregate the date from the Payee/Description.
    If you're trying to get a report that has all spending by all Payees one other report you might try is Banking > Transactions, suitably customized, and sort that report by "Description."
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    I am referring to the standard report at Menu Reports-Spending-Itemized Payees. I customize it for only my credit cards (screen shot attached). When I export it to excel the Payee and date are merged into a single column (screen shot attached)
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    > @jtgostars said:
    > I am referring to the standard report at Menu Reports-Spending-Itemized Payees. I customize it for only my credit cards (screen shot attached). When I export it to excel the Payee and date are merged into a single column (screen shot attached)

And it does not appear the Banking Transactions report includes the Payee

All I need is what should be a simple report for transactions by account by payee by date that can be sorted or filtered on any of those dimensions
  • @Jtgostars, the Banking Transaction Report does include Payee.  It is called "Description" for some reason.
  • You can run a payee report using a Transaction Report, and sort by payee, but don't categorize by payee or you will end up with Payees in the Date column, just like the Itemized Payee Report.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The Banking Transaction Report should give you exactly what you want.
This discussion has been closed.