How do I enter India Rs Currency symbol in the currency list in Quicken ?

AmalB
AmalB Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Alt+8377 does not work

Answers

• @amalb - I see it in the currency list

If you asking how to use the currency in Quicken, then please press F1, scroll to the top of the list and type in "multiple currencies" in the search box.

• AmalB
    AmalB Member ✭✭
    I am actually looking to enter Rs Symbol and not "Rs." itself, Rupee has unicode symbol( Alt+8377) ₹
  • Got it.  It might be that you would need to enter 8377 from a numeric keypad.  The other way to do it is to type 20B9 using normal number keys and then press alt + x
  • @amalB - it looks like the 20B9 +Alt+x only works in MS Word.  I was able to create it there and copy it here  - ₹
  • AmalB
    AmalB Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I could create in Word but copying thru paste or Ctrl+v did not work. How did you copy it
  • All I did was highlight the symbol in MS Word then did a Ctrl+c, and then a Ctrl+v  here.

(I did it here again to confirm)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that Unicode characters are not supported by Quicken. You'll have to make do with "R" or "Rs". Sorry.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    It appears that Unicode characters are not supported by Quicken. You'll have to make do with "R" or "Rs". Sorry.
    Quicken Windows is definitely not Unicode, ASCII only.  It is again one those fundamental core decisions that had be made when they created it.  To change it now would amount to pretty much a total rewrite of Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.