Bills & Income Report

Miser101
Miser101 Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Need a report of all Bills & Income by Account Used. My bank is changing management and I need to see at a glance which automatic transfers, payments, etc., are coming into/out of which account. Anybody know?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @mister101 - the only place that I have seen a list of bills & Income with accounts is the one that is in the classic view of the home tab.  It's called "Bills & Income Reminders".  The issue is I don't see a way to export this information into any kind of a report.  There is another "Bills & Income Reminders list" on the Bills & Income Tab (Manage Bills and Income) that is exportable into a text file that can be opened in Excel, but it doesn't have the account name.  I guess you can export this report to excel and then manually add the account from the report on the home tab.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @mister101 - the only place that I have seen a list of bills & Income with accounts is the one that is in the classic view of the home tab.  It's called "Bills & Income Reminders".  The issue is I don't see a way to export this information into any kind of a report.  There is another "Bills & Income Reminders list" on the Bills & Income Tab (Manage Bills and Income) that is exportable into a text file that can be opened in Excel, but it doesn't have the account name.  I guess you can export this report to excel and then manually add the account from the report on the home tab.
  • Miser101
    Miser101 Member ✭✭
    I was afraid of that. Seems like Quicken only allows for the most basic (and pre-formatted) reports. Great if what you need is what they offer, but... Thanks for confirming my suspicions!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Bill & Income Reminders snapshot on the custom Home tab was printable/exportable. Have you tried right clicking on the snapshot to see what options are available in the context menu?

if that doesn't work, I would try adding the Bill & Income Reminders snapshot to its own Home tab view, then use CTRL P to print/export it. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• @mshiggins - the Ctrl-P doesn't seem to work.  It allows you to enter text file name, but then nothing is produced. 
  • mshiggins
    You can print to a file from the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab in Tools | Manage Bill & Income Reminders window. Monthly Bills & Deposits tab includes the account. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @mshiggins - the monthly bills comes close, but it doesn't print a full list of all the all the bills.  I guess one could print out 12 separate reports, one for each month, combine them, and then remove duplicates.
  • mshiggins
    @Damian seems like wasted effort to print or create a report. In the past when I needed to switch a pay from/pay to account, I would just edit the reminders for the account using the Bill & Income Reminders snapshot on my Home tab. But to each there own...

• mshiggins said:
    @Damian seems like wasted effort to print or create a report. In the past when I needed to switch a pay from/pay to account, I would just edit the reminders for the account using the Bill & Income Reminders snapshot on my Home tab. But to each there own...
    I can understand why @miser101 is asking for a report of all bills & income with account used.  There have been several instances in the past, I have also needed such a report and couldn't easily create one, and a screen print did not suffice.  I have two data files with 77 bills and income in one and 41 in the other. It is not an unreasonable request to be able to create a report rather than manually key the information.
  • mshiggins
    If the intent is to have a list of all your reminders printed or in a file, you can get that by printing to file from the Tools | Bill & Income Reminders All Bills & Deposits tab. This is actually one of the steps in my quarterly disaster recovery process. 

If the intent is to identify which reminders pertain to a particular account so you can change the reminders' account, a print out or file will be out of date once you have updated the reminders. Again it seems like wasted effort. What are you going to do, put a check mark next to each reminder after you edit it?

If the OP feels they really need a printable/save-able reminder list that includes the account, they can always submit it as an idea post and see how many votes it garners. 

• mshiggins
    Another quick way to see all the reminders for an account is to toggle on Show Reminders For:  Next 12 Months in that account register. Unfortunately the reminders shown in the register are not printable either. 

I suppose you could also set your computer date ahead one year, open your Quicken file, Enter the overdue reminders for the account, then print a register report but that seems like a lot of effort to get a print out of the reminders. 

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.