Reconciling on the Web

Quicken Janean
Quicken Janean Moderator admin
edited February 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web
Hi All, 

We want some feedback in regards to reconciliation.

Do you use reconciliation in Quicken on the Web, and if so, what do you think of it? Please share any good or constructive feedback and if you have any suggestions for improvements or changes. 

We look forward to your responses! 

Thank you.

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Natarajan
    Natarajan Member ✭✭
    Investment accounts/registers/securities do not show up in the web app.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natarajan said:
    All mine are ok … Quicken on the Web - what are you not seeing ? Have you actually enabled those Quicken Accounts in the desktop software and done a Sync ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    So, are we now calling a Website - a Web App ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have Cloud Sync disabled as it caused my data get out of sync.  Thank you for asking for our feedback.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Natarajan said:
    This would never apply to investment accounts.  Investment transactions aren't synced to the Quicken Cloud dataset and as such there would be nothing to reconcile to.  Only the number of shares and the cash amount.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2022
    BK said:
    I have Cloud Sync disabled as it caused my data get out of sync.  Thank you for asking for our feedback.
     @BK Can you provide more details on how your data is out of sync? Thanks for the feedback! 

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jzMimi6
    jzMimi6 Member
    I'm Jane Zeni. I've used Quicken for decades, starting in the 1980s. Then it fell into some hard times (e.g. "Quicken Essentials") and I went back to hand-reconciling my checkbook each month. In 2011, a new version of Quicken was Mac-friendly and easy to use for records and for reconciliation. Whoopee! But now I'm having trouble: (Example: In April my family went on a long camping trip; did not feel confident of internet in camps or libraries, so I used my bank's e-statement and reconciled by hand. NOW, when I want Quicken to reconcile my June e-statement, it goes back to APRIL! Should I switch Firefox for Safari??
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jzMimi6 I might be reading your response wrong, but I don't think you are reconciling using Quicken Web and as such you should post your own question on a Mac category about how to do the reconcile.

Quicken Web uses the data in the Quicken Cloud dataset.  The data in your Quicken Mac Desktop data file gets synced to the Quicken Cloud dataset when you have Sync to Mobile/Web on.

If you are actually reconciling in Quicken Web you would have logged in here with your web browser:
    https://app.quicken.com/

Is that where you are talking about?
    It looks like this when logged in:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Moirty
    Moirty Member ✭✭✭
    I've just started reconciling using the Web App. I have mixed feelings about it thus far. On the positive side: it is much faster than (the horrifically slow process on) Quicken desktop. The ability to work with multiple transactions at once is very helpful (multiple recategorization, multiple transaction accepting).

On the downside: the web page crashes frequently requiring a refresh and loss of the most recent action and the filter options; the latency between accepting one transaction and trying to work on the next transaction is disruptively long; would be helpful to have a button that just shows all the transactions needing to be reviewed (rather than the more cumbersome filtering process), doesn't seem to auto-categorize everything like in the desktop program; not able to shift-select to choose a group of transactions (select top transaction then shift-select another transaction and all those in between are then selected); focus sometimes jumps lines when selecting transactions (highly disruptive); faster but still slower than it should be.

Keep working on it. Looks promising
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    I used this feature for the first time recently and it went okay but unlike the windows version of quicken did not seem to automatically generate the payment transaction. I had to manually add it. Is this a feature, I was expecting it to work like my windows version. Also had an issue with entering the payee name on the payment, it kept putting in a different name than the one I selected, ended up using the quicken app on my iPad to fix
  • MichaelTEck
    MichaelTEck Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    >  @BK Can you provide more details on how your data is out of sync? Thanks for the feedback! 

I stopped syncing my bank accounts more than a year ago because of lost transactions and duplicate transactions causing all sorts of frustration with Quicken. I never had or have any issues with credit or charge accounts, just my primary bank checking account.

I'm not looking for troubleshooting steps, I went through renaming my file and clearing the cloud file, etc., trying everything I could find in the community. Nothing ever solved the issue. I was also disappointed that Quicken doesn't know anything about sync issues and cannot help. I also never see any bug fixes or improvements mentioned in the regular updates.
  • bmds
    bmds Member ✭✭
    I stopped syncing my bank accounts to the web. Each time I do so, the web data fails to match what is in my register (which I know is correct). These failures to match data eventually frustrated me to the point where I simply gave up. Just not worth the frustration. It might be my fault, but I know my register shows accurate transactions for the current year, and that is simply good enough for me.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    bmds said:
    I stopped syncing my bank accounts to the web. Each time I do so, the web data fails to match what is in my register (which I know is correct). These failures to match data eventually frustrated me to the point where I simply gave up. Just not worth the frustration. It might be my fault, but I know my register shows accurate transactions for the current year, and that is simply good enough for me.
    I agree with you. Syncing the Quicken bank accounts to Web/Mobile causes many problems.  I had just tried it a few days ago and my Quicken bank account transactions were being changed with wiped categories and others being duplicated.   I disabled the web/mobile sync for the accounts. Useless with all the problems.
    This is compounded with the recent changes to ExpressWebConnect+ changes from DirectConnect which has had its own sync problems and modifications of already reconciled transactions in the accounts.
  • Klars232
    Klars232 Member ✭✭
    The last time i did a sync with quicken and did a download of transaction - it changed my register going back over a year. It changed reconciled transactions back to cleared, doubled some transactions, changed some of my catagories for deposits, etc. Such a mess
    From the info read, i will disconnect the sync but still hesitant to download transactions.
  • Klars232
    Klars232 Member ✭✭
    Turning off cloud sync seemed to work - deactivated it at Edit - preferences - Mobile & web -
    toggle Sync to "off"
  •  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Hello Janean -  I realize it's been a minute since you made this post, but I wanted to provide my feedback.

I've been using Quicken Premier since 1994. Based on today's planform, I would NEVER use WebApp to Reconcile any files.

I can't use Web App just to view ordinary data because of all the problems as the users before me outlined.

There are way too many banks not available on the FI list, so everything about all those banks have to be done manually. 
    Hope that helps!
  • Lynn74
    Lynn74 Member ✭✭
    I'm having too many problems to list. Accounts don't balance; I can't find a correct starting balance, or it seems to be the correct figure but doesn't balance. Expenditures posted to the wrong account. What a nightmare. I've used Quicken since the 80's; I've never seen anything like this. On top of it all, our bank has changed systems.
  • Lynn74
    Lynn74 Member ✭✭
    Klars 232 described my situation perfectly. I can't use this data for taxes. What now???
  • uscgal
    uscgal Member, Windows Beta Beta
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    >  @BK Can you provide more details on how your data is out of sync? Thanks for the feedback! 

I stopped syncing my bank accounts more than a year ago because of lost transactions and duplicate transactions causing all sorts of frustration with Quicken. I never had or have any issues with credit or charge accounts, just my primary bank checking account.

I'm not looking for troubleshooting steps, I went through renaming my file and clearing the cloud file, etc., trying everything I could find in the community. Nothing ever solved the issue. I was also disappointed that Quicken doesn't know anything about sync issues and cannot help. I also never see any bug fixes or improvements mentioned in the regular updates.

I have had the same issues in the past and just rode out the storm.  Lateley however the "reconcile using online balance" is not working as the online balance is not pulling over when I download transactions.  This is occurring in banking and credit accounts.
  • Gilles Rivard
    Gilles Rivard Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Sapster
    Sapster Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Solicitation]
  • JoniB
    JoniB Member ✭✭
    I have always reconciled accounts using the program. But just this month with Chase change, the program no longer matches the online chase total. It appears my opening balance figure may have been wiped out with your update for Chase. I know I have a balance I owe Chase, but Quicken shows I have a credit. I reconcile monthly against my statement and everything was working through August. Now it is out of whack. What happened to opening balances in Chase? Hope that makes sense. I show transactions back to 2014, but no opening balance so my first payment was way more than the charges showing.
  • paladin
    paladin Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the question.
    I disabled Cloud Sync about two years ago after an update corrupted hundreds of categorized transactions in my register. The most insidious and appalling aspect of this was that my backup files were similarly corrupted. I was forced to repair the transactions one by one, which involved locating numerous payees and their associated paystubs, and manually re-entering them. This was an abysmal chore, and from that point forward I firmly resolved to never utilize Cloud Sync again.
    Quicken Windows User since 1992
  • Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    I finally got Chase reauthorized after more than an hour on the phone, but I still find that when I reconcile with Quicken that it ends up being $2-3k off. I've gone back a year and checked for duplicates as it did that to begin with. It certainly does not leave me with any confidence that it is correct. I certainly wish this issue would get straightened out.
  • Gilles Rivard
    Gilles Rivard Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • lynnprame
    lynnprame Member
    I am sorry, but what is going on for this amount of time? Could you at least provide some factual information on where you and/ or Chase are with resolving this issue? This program is not free to us and it does not work. Renewal will be difficult at this time.
  • Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    oh! AMEN???!!! My account is continually out of balance-anything from $40k down to $16.00!! This is ridiculous! When I complain, they call it a 'rant' and delete the comments!
  • lynnprame
    lynnprame Member
    Enough already. Please fix this or migrate back to what worked well before the lastest "upgrade".
  • reb25
    reb25 Member
    Ask that you provide an update on when this issue will be corrected. Surely Quicken has the resources to figure out a solution to the problem they created. Do believe that Quicken should credit our account as they have not delivered what customers sign up for.
This discussion has been closed.