How do I know if release 41.10 is available to all?

hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
The last notice stated 41.10 was released to select users. I'm assuming for testing. It appears there are bugs in the previous release that 41.10 was to fix. But I am still reading reports of problems. Where is the release at? 

Best Answer

• StingrayAerial
    StingrayAerial Member
    Answer ✓
    It automatically downloaded and now I am in a sign-in loop. Would not download this update until they fix the issue...

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check whether any new release is available to you by doing HELP, Check for Updates.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, It is available to me. But I don't want to be one of those select view who test the release or an early adopter. The last several releases have caused so many problems that I have become really nervous about updating. I try to wait until the bugs are fixed and it is released to all. How do I know when it is safe to update?
  • StingrayAerial
    StingrayAerial Member
    Answer ✓
    It automatically downloaded and now I am in a sign-in loop. Would not download this update until they fix the issue...
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know...thanks for the warning!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @hmday - usually the admin/mods post an announcement when a new release/update is available.  But most of the time the new release is pushed to a few users at first, and then, everyone else later.  You can check for the latest update and release notes for all versions of Quicken here -  

https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows

The links on this page will take you to other support pages that will give you detailed information on updates and release notes based on the version you use.

(Even though the link says "Windows" it gives information on Quicken for Mac as well.)
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    hmday said:
    I try to wait until the bugs are fixed and it is released to all. How do I know when it is safe to update?
    "Released to all" does not mean that it is bug free.  R41.10 has a few issues including a posted known bug in the backup feature with time stamp where you can work around it.  But it also has many fixes.  The best way to know is to read the community posts every now and then and decipher which reported issues are real/common and do they apply to your specific use of the program.  i.e. I don't use anything related to bill pay so it doesn't matter if it is problematic or perfect in a given release.  Then I always ask myself what do I anticipate to benefit from updating.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    After the Schwab fiasco ...I am little jumpy.  I see too many errors. Guess I will wait for 41.11  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmday said: The last notice stated 41.10 was released to select users.
    How are you preventing the auto-update of the Quicken software.....
    if it finds a new version, it will try to install it.
    The only way to protect yourself is to limit the Windows software from installing anything without a Security Prompt & Reply -
    It is the User Access Control - UAC - settings of Windows.... I personally just run as a Windows "Limited User".

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a pop-up window that asks, "do you want to allow quicken to make changes to your computer?"  I select No
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    There has been a slew of releases several a month for the last month. These have been poorly tested and have resulted in many many crashes each time, at least for me. I strongly recommend not to get into updating these. Once you start, you will find Quicken crashes and then each update crashes more. If you can get back to a stable version, stay on it!
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    If you are having continual issues with a version, try 1) validate file and back it up 2)delete quicken completely except for data files - google how to do that 3) do a clean install of the latest version and stay there if it is stable. One recent update that was the only way I could get it back working. I think I had to reverse the order #1 and #2 because quicken was so unstable it would not let me validate.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Currently things are pretty uneventful for me. I will avoid the updates for now. I wish there was a “ category” dedicated to updates. It could provide the status of the current update including any known problems, any resolutions and/ or anticipated hot fixes.  That would make it easier to follow up on updates vs trying to sort through everyone’s comments. I never know what is a user specific issue vs a more universal issue. 
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why was it "Released":when Quicken has more new issues after than before? Seems like it's always one step forward and two steps backwards with a new release.

Just let people know that just because Quicken released it, that doesn't mean all is well with it. They usually fix 1 or 2 problems but create 3 or 4.

What will Quicken do when everyone starts to understand that users are the beta testers, and users will quit downloading new releases. Then Quicken will not have a way to know if the new release is any good at all?   NEW USERS, please be aware that because an update is released it DOESN'T mean that it is a good, working release.
This discussion has been closed.