Unable to link biller for Kohls Credit Card

John44
John44 Member ✭✭✭
Kohls requires 2FA code but after entering username/passcode it has a drop down arrow with 2 options.
1. an email address
2. "I already have a code"
Nothing happens when selecting either one. Looks like a scripting error somewhere.
Has anyone else encountered this?
QMAC Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100)

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @John44

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Kohls e-biller. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Kohls e-biller to see if the same issue occurs. Please completely unlink your Kohls e-biller in your main file first if you have not already done so. Also, please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I did all of the above with the same results. I can connect and download transactions fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you turn off 2FA at the Kohls website, to see if that'll make the online biller process work?
    If all else fails, bypass the problem. Do not link Kohls as an online biller for now, until someone at Quicken can figure out and solve the issue.
    Instead, on the Kohls website, set up Autopay (Direct Debit, APS, whatever the biller calls it) to automatically deduct your monthly payments from your checking account on the due date.
    Make Kohls computer work for you, to get their money on time. In Quicken all you need is a local (not Online Bill Pay) scheduled reminder, to record the payment when you receive notice of a new statement being available.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    I already have autopay setup. Having biller linked will provide automatic matching during the download process. Without it I have to do a manual match. Like I said, I think this is a scripting issue and hopefully Quicken will resolve it.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I am having same issue.  On one step update, Quicken says I need to update Kohls.  When I do, it says it needs a code from 2FA.  I get the code from Kohls but Quicken never gets me to the screen to enter the code.  Tried multiple times with same results.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    So I tried unlinking Kohls and relinking and ran into same issue.  I get the code from Kohls but Quicken never gives me the screen to input the code and eventually says it cannot link to Kohls.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    This AM, got popup in Quicken that Kohl's needed attention.  Tried to relink.  Entered name and password, asked me if I wanted text or e-mail with 2FA (I said text), I received code from Kohl's but Quicken never offered me ability to enter the code and the re-link failed.  Tried unlinking and reconnecting from "scratch" and had same issue.  Tried multiple times.  Also mentioned this on this the following link:https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915039/unable-to-link-biller-for-kohls-credit-card  but was not sure Quicken would notice so starting new thread too.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GIWalt said:
    So I tried unlinking Kohls and relinking and ran into same issue.  I get the code from Kohls but Quicken never gives me the screen to input the code and eventually says it cannot link to Kohls.
    Please reread my earlier response. Have you tried my suggestions?

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    UKR: I have not set Kohl's on autopay if that is what you mean.  I don't see where to turn off 2FA on the Kohl's website.  Did not see any other suggestions from you.  Thank you.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Still unable to link to Kohl's get the 2FA code from Kohl's by text but Quicken never gives me option to enter it.  Gives me message account is locked but it is not.
  • John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    Also for this account there is a dummy transaction downloaded with a zero amount whenever there are transactions to be downloaded. Has anyone experienced this on any accounts?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I online chatted with Quicken Support this AM.  Was told there was an issue on their end with Kohls (biller being locked or something not on my end) and try later.  I just tried.  Now Quicken is giving me the ability to enter the code  but when I do I still get a message that says Kohl's account is locked which it is not.  I will try again tomorrow.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Still can't link Kohl's.  Get as far as getting code for 2FA but then never makes final link.  Says account locked which it is not.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I went ahead and checked the overall internal status of this Online Biller (Kohl's Credit Card) which is currently showing a Degraded status causing the connection to be unstable when attempting to add/link it. Our teams are aware of this, though we do not have an ETA on when a solution will become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Anja.  So, should I keep trying or wait (and, if wait, for how long) or will you be posting when it is no longer in degraded status?  Just trying to figure out what to do next on my end and when.
  • Quicken Anja
    @GIWalt you can continue trying if you wish, doing so won't cause any harm. As I mentioned previously, there is no ETA on when it will be resolved, though if I see that it's been fixed, I'll gladly update. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• John44
    John44 Member ✭✭✭
    It is now working ok.
  • Quicken Anja
    @John44 Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's working for you now.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.