Uncategorized Transactions in Error

bwentzel13
bwentzel13 Member ✭✭
For years we have had three recurring paychecks two which occur monthly and one bi-weekly and until June 2022 they've worked fine. However, the four transactions that have occurred in June show as Uncategorized even though every line item in each transaction is associated with a category. For the two monthly transactions the uncategorized amount is twice the Net Pay. For the bi-weekly transaction, the uncategorized amount is three times the Net Pay. All three paychecks deposit into the same checking account. There is no other indication of errors. What might be happening and what do I need to do to correct it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bwentzel13,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that our teams continue to investigate. You can contribute to the investigation by navigating to Help > Report a Problem. Please be advised that you won't receive any direct updates on the issue, however, these problem reports are looked at by our development team.

In the meantime, we recommend that you restore a backup that was saved prior to when this issue first started and turn off Cloud Sync to see if that may help. 

Once you've restored from the backup, follow the instructions provided below to turn off Cloud Sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bwentzel13
    bwentzel13 Member ✭✭
    Anja, thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I'm happy to hear this is a known problem and that your software engineers are already working on it. I also just followed your instructions to send a problem report so I hope that helps. However, I'll refrain from restoring a five+ week old file and attempt to recreate all the transactions until there is no other alternative.

Thanks again
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up!

To clarify, the purpose of restoring a backup is to restore any changes that were made. However, this is not required so I understand your decision not to do so. I would still recommend turning off the Cloud Sync as doing so should help prevent the issue from reoccurring going forward. It just will not reverse any changes that have already occurred.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• bwentzel13
    bwentzel13 Member ✭✭
    Anja, thanks again. I just turned Sync off.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.