Is anyone having a problem starting Quicken?

Steven Beckett
Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
Increasingly over the last few weeks, when I start Quicken (v. R41.19 on Windows 10), the program crashes and I get a screen requesting an error report be sent to Quicken as " Quicken quit unexpectedly". Sometimes this goes away after a couple of attempts to run the program, but at other times if I reboot my system, it then will run successfully.
I am always careful to use File/Exit on exiting the program. I have also run File Validate several times.

Answers

• @steven beckett - have you tried these troubleshooting steps?

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Also, when Quicken crashes and with the "Quicken Crash Report" pop-up, be sure to aways fill in as much detail as possible and send the report.  I understand that Quicken techs take note of these crash reports.
  • Steven Beckett
    Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
    Appreciate the quick response and the advice, but I have sent so many error reports to Quicken as a result of this issue with no response that I have given up. By the way none of the steps in the linked document have resolved the problem.
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken? 

Also, never put your data file on a network, cloud, or flash drive.  That usually leads file corruption

Sometimes Windows settings, firewall, or antivirus can affect Quicken.  Have you made any changes in the past couple of weeks?

Have you tried restoring a backup file from before you first noticed the issues?

If nothing seems to work to resolve your issues, please call Quicken Customer Support.  Let them know that you have submitted several crash reports.  They are better equipped to analyze your error logs and Quicken setup.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Steven Beckett
    Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
    I have restored backups but have not tried reinstalling Quicken. I keep the data base on my local drive and only backup to Dropbox.

Today has been very frustrating, as the program has crashed several times. I will reinstall the program as you suggest.

Thanks
  • Steven Beckett
    Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
    Update on this issue: I spoke to customer support who directed me to download a Mondo patch. This did not help, so I deleted and reinstalled the program. Now appears to be working normally.
This discussion has been closed.