Investment Transaction Report missing 4 transactions this Cal Year

RayGBa
RayGBa Member
All transactions entered the same way in current year. 4 transactions are just missing from this report (and other reports as well). Any help would be appreciated. Running latest Windows subscription R41.19.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommend you do this as first step in troubleshooting:
    • Create a backup of your data file ... just in case ...
    • Click File / Validate and Repair.
    • Click "Validate File" and "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild". 
    • Click OK. Let it run.
  • RayGBa
    RayGBa Member
    Thx for your help. Run procedure as you outlined but the 4 missing transactions are still missing from the report. I can delete and re-add the transactions to see if this will bring them "back to life" on the report. Any other suggestions will be welcome
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show me your account register with at least one of those 4 transactions, register column titles included? Set the register to 2-lines-per transaction mode. That might clue us in as to what's going on here.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• RayGBa
    RayGBa Member
    Thank for your time.
    Transaction 308 and 310 on following screen shot (Purchases) are missing from transaction reports.
    (file missing xacn.jpg)

File missing xacn-sale.jpg shows a partial Sale transaction 321 relating to the Buy transaction 308

Any help appreciated. Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the images.
    I hope one of the Community regulars who has more experience with investment issues will chime in here.
    Meanwhile,
    • have you checked your account for Placeholder transactions?
      For more about Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".
      Alternatively or in addition to the above, please read https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216694
    • Have you validated your data file to rebuild investing lots?
      Click File / Validate and Repair.
      Click "Validate File" and "Rebuild investing lots".
      If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild". 
      Click OK. Let it run.
This discussion has been closed.