Home & Spending Tabs Modification

Edmund Pruden
Edmund Pruden Member
edited August 2022 in Reports (Windows)
It appears that the reports displayed on the Home and Spending tabs cannot be modified except for hiding or showing on the Home tab. I wish to exclude specific categories. To me, this makes these tabs mostly useless. I have to create a separate saved report to get the info I need. I would either like to either use my saved reports on the Home and Spending tabs or be able to modify the existing reports on the tabs.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Home and Spending tabs choice quick snapshots and are certainly not as customizable as many would like.

You can put saved reports on the Toolbar for quick access if you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there no longer the capability to create custom Home tab views where you can add any of the snapshots of graphs and lists?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Dashboard views on the Home tab did not eliminate the Classic Views. They still exist and they can still be used as before.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    You can use both the "new" and "classic" dashboards at the same time.

Just click on "Customize View" or "Add View" under Classic View without turning off the dashboard.  The "Classic" dashboard's functionality is the same as before.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    With the added settings there are now various combinations.  Classic Dashboard only, New Dashboard only, and both on.  And it depends on where you are when you bring up the settings dialog, or what you are going to get.  Here I'm in Classic Dashboard only, and one of the "Views" is selected:

Notice that the option is to turn on the new Dashboard.
    With it turn on and the "New Dashboard view" selected:

With both still on, but selecting one of the Classic Dashboard views:

Notice it switched to the new Dashboard as the one you can turn off.

So, basically you can turn off/on the one that you aren't in at the time.

Note that the Classic Dashboard not only allows for multiple views where the new one doesn't, the "cards" have a lot more settings for different configuration.  They still aren't as configurable as reports, though.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you are allowed to rename the cards on the new dashboard but not on the hold one. 

It would be more useful to be able to rename the old cards, because you can have more than one with different settings.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.