done, but undone?

fran.menzel.biedinger
fran.menzel.biedinger Member ✭✭✭
Yesterday I downloaded and accepted transactions from two of my investment accounts. Then I clicked DONE and the number of downloaded transactions went to zero as I expected. However, when I closed the account window, the account name was still flagged and the very same transactions appeared as needing to be accepted when I reopened the account window. No new downloading occurred. I am running build 27.1.41.19 of Quicken deluxe home on Windows 10

Best Answer

• fran.menzel.biedinger
    Answer ✓
    OK, so it's the next morning. Today I started Quicken, did a 1 step update, and everything is fine. No accepted transactions lying around. No unexpected flags in the account list.
    Thanks for listening. I think I'll try validating my file anyhow. It is ancient and creaky. I now consider this issue closed.

Answers

• fran.menzel.biedinger
    oh! good-ish news. I shut down and restarted Quicken and now these accounts are no longer flagged in the account list. If I look at the account registers, these transactions are shown as accepted on the download list. Why are they there at all?
  • @fran.menzel.biedinger - glad you figured it out.  I think you may have hit accidently hit "Undo Accept All" instead of "Done"?  But it's resolved now so who knows what happened.
  • fran.menzel.biedinger
    Damian: the problem is only somewhat gone. Yes, the red flags on the account list are gone, but when I look at the register the accepted transactions are still listed as accepted, rather than disappearing from the list. If I now click DONE, they go away until the next time I open the register for that account, and there they are, downloaded and accepted. Yup, I really dud click DONE.
  • fran.menzel.biedinger
    Sorry about the dud
  • @fran.menzel.biedinger - I see.  Have you tried validating your file for errors?  I think that would be the first thing to try.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First, please save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1.     File

2.     Validate and Repair File...

3.     Validate File

4.     Click OK

5.     Close the Data Log

6.     Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)

7.     Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1.     File

2.     Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...

3.     Supervalidate File

4.     Click OK

5.     Close the Data Log

6.     Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)

7.     Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

First do a Validate and see if the issue is resolved.  If not, do a Super Validate.  A log file will be produced for either a Validate or Super Validate.  These log files are informational and not eventful, but sometimes issues are found and noted, and need to be resolved.

• fran.menzel.biedinger
    Answer ✓
    OK, so it's the next morning. Today I started Quicken, did a 1 step update, and everything is fine. No accepted transactions lying around. No unexpected flags in the account list.
    Thanks for listening. I think I'll try validating my file anyhow. It is ancient and creaky. I now consider this issue closed.
This discussion has been closed.