Why does Quicken no longer show the bank balance at the bottom of the account register?

Options
B-Money
B-Money Member
Why does Quicken no longer show the bank balance at the bottom of the account register?

Best Answer

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think the register window isn't wide enough. If I reduce the width of the Quicken window, the Online Balance starts to disappear behind the Accounts bar:

Reducing the window further causes the Online Balance to disappear altogether:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about supplying a screenshot to show the issue?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It does for me. Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken you are running.

Is the Transactions/Online Balance/Ending balance line visible after the last transaction in the register?

Is the Downloaded transactions and Reminders section visible at the bottom of the register?

QWin Premier subscription
  • B-Money
    B-Money Member
    Options
    I am using Quicken Basic version R41.10. I have used Quicken for many years. I am attaching a screenshot of the bottom of the register. The ending balance is on the bottom right. The bank balance used to be on the bottom left.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know what version you were using before.

Click the gear at the top right of the register and select Register columns. Check the Balance box then click on Done. This will show the running register balance.

There is no "Bank balance." Is this account set up for downloading? If it is or has been set up for downloading in the past, "Online balance" should show to the left of "Ending balance." This is the most recent balance downloaded from your bank.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think the register window isn't wide enough. If I reduce the width of the Quicken window, the Online Balance starts to disappear behind the Accounts bar:

Reducing the window further causes the Online Balance to disappear altogether:

• B-Money
    B-Money Member
    Options
    The running register balance is showing as indicated in the screen shot. I know what and where the "online balance" is supposed to be. I have used Quicken for over 20 years. All of my accounts are, and always have been, set up for downloading. The online balance only disappeared recently.
  • B-Money
    B-Money Member
    Options
    Thanks MHSwizzleStick. That did the trick.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @B-Money - try doing a "Reset Account" - click on the Online Services tab in Account Details.  Click on "Reset Account".  It might ask you to sign-in to your online account.  Most of the time, the user ID and password are pre-filled in.  The reset might take a while but let it run to completion before clicking on "OK".  Do a one step update (OSU) after the "Reset Account" and check if the Online Balance now shows.
This discussion has been closed.