Comenity bank not connecting

cdonnolo
cdonnolo Member
I have several accounts - Talbots, Boscov's, and LandsEnd and all use the Comenity bank website. I'm unable to log in and/or change the web address to the correct bank one. How to correct.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @cdonnolo

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with an incorrect bank URL.

Could you please clarify which instance has the incorrect URL so I may look into this error further?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• batstang2000
    batstang2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Just an FYI for all. Evidently any CC account with Comenity bank is totally messed up right now. If you sign into the CC account itself, you cannot see any transactions, billing statements or anything. All you can do is make a same day payment.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    cdonnolo said:
    I have several accounts - Talbots, Boscov's, and LandsEnd and all use the Comenity bank website. I'm unable to log in and/or change the web address to the correct bank one. How to correct.
    A common misunderstanding is that the website URL shown in Quicken when doing Add Account or Set Up Now is the website that Quicken uses to connect with the financial institution.  Sometimes it is but often times it is not.  It should be viewed more as a reference than anything else.  And it is something that we as users cannot change.
    The cards you mention are all co-branded retail cards.  Comenity Bank and other financial institutions will often (not always) have different set up links in Quicken for these types of cards.  This can require multiple different account setups to be completed.
    Doing Add Account or Set Up Now and searching for Comenity Bank returns a lot of different credit card listings but nothing for "Comenity Bank".  This means a common "Comenity Bank" setup is not available so it cannot be set up.
    I suggest you search for each credit card individually by typing in just the name of the card and not the bank.  When I did that I noticed:
    • TALBOTS:  Three different listings.  You should try setting up your Talbots card with each of these until you find one that works.  My guess is that the one that will work is the one that shows a Comenity URL but if it does not you should try the other two.  The other two have Talbots URLs so if you try to set up with either of these you might need to set up online accounts with www.talbots.com.
    • BOSCOVS:  There is one listing and the URL is www.boscovs.com.  Try this one.  If your Comenity online account log in information does not work you might need to set up an online account at www.boscovs.com.
    • LANDS END:  There are 2 different listings...one for a Visa and another for what appears to be a store card.  They both have a Comenity URL so your log in information should work with these...just need to make sure you set up with the correct listing option.
    Let us know if you are able to get your credit cards set up via these link options or not.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• cdonnolo
    cdonnolo Member
    Thanks! I'll check it out over the weekend and if I still have problems, I'll be in touch. Appreciate your quick response.
  • emoser
    emoser Member
    Regarding this comment: "Just an FYI for all. Evidently any CC account with Comenity bank is totally messed up right now. If you sign into the CC account itself, you cannot see any transactions, billing statements or anything. All you can do is make a same day payment"
    Yes indeed, totally messed up. I called the number on my CC and the people there (with foreign accents difficult to understand) also cannot see any transactions. They claim that this outage is the result of a planned upgrade but I received no notice about it. I suspect that they have been hacked or their system crashed.They did tell me that my recurring payment will take place as scheduled but I have my doubts. It should be paid in full and if it isn't I fear that they will try to hit me up for an exorbitant interest charge.
  • cdonnolo
    cdonnolo Member
    Thanks for the info.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I just tried to call Comenity and a recording said they couldn't take my call. Apparently some big issues there for the last 5 or 6 days...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• cdonnolo
    cdonnolo Member
    Thanks for the info.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

Got this from the Comenity web site this morning...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jackie Greenough
    Jackie Greenough Member ✭✭
    Happening, as well, to all my comenity accounts. Kohl's, BJ's, Bealls....I might be missing a few. Navigating to "Help" is not going to help. If Quicken doesn't see the problem yet, they never will.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Jackie Greenough See the post three above this (the red image). Comenity had a major systems breakdown, and they are working to restore service. This one isn't Quicken's fault. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cit333cit333
    cit333cit333 Member
    I suspect hacked 100%. I got a call from a store saying I purchased items using my Woman Within Card. I had not. I told them to cancel the order. Yes, in fact, someone had hacked into my data and used my card to the max. Because of their "issues", I cannot report the fraud nor can I cancel the account. Hacked, I suspect, as I said.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @cit333cit333 According to media reports, they were not hacked; this was a major system upgrade gone wrong. I suspect your card issue is a separate matter. In any case, you should file police report about the fraudulent use of your card; if you have any other fraud problems, you'll need a police report if you want to freeze your credit report with the three major credit bureaus. You can try calling the Bread/Comenity Account Protection Team at 1-800-888-1726 to cancel the card.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cit333cit333
    cit333cit333 Member
    edited July 2022
    Try calling 1-800-888-1726. No ability to handle anything, they say. I was fortunate that the store asked for my confirmation, so I am not out anything; however, if my account hacking was unrelated, then some hacker is clearly aware of the fact that we cannot even see our account information to know what has happened. Again, they have left my card vulnerable, I suspect.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Happening, as well, to all my comenity accounts. Kohl's, BJ's, Bealls....I might be missing a few. Navigating to "Help" is not going to help. If Quicken doesn't see the problem yet, they never will.
    Kohl's is a Capital One credit card, not a Comenity credit card.  I have not been having any issues downloading from Kohl's.  I suggest you try, again.  If you are still having a connection issue with your Kohl's card, please start a new thread for it.

• BruceH
    BruceH Member ✭✭
    Today for the first time in about a month, Quicken successfully downloaded my BJs Mastercard (Comenity bank) transactions from June 17 to most recent.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2022
    Try calling 1-800-888-1726. No ability to handle anything, they say. I was fortunate that the store asked for my confirmation, so I am not out anything; however, if my account hacking was unrelated, then some hacker is clearly aware of the fact that we cannot even see our account information to know what has happened. Again, they have left my card vulnerable, I suspect.
    Your Community profile shows, "I do not have Quicken yet".  Is this still accurate?  If so, why are you posting in this Quicken connection issue thread?
    Otherwise, please clarify how the issue you are posting about (credit card corruption) is related to the subject of this thread (i.e., that Quicken is not able to connect with these Comenity Bank credit cards).

This discussion has been closed.