June patches introduced a bug with H&B Account List - Banking first and Invoices second

Greets all, I was told by support to post this bug here for the Dev (Why tasking a report isnt faster?) But has anyone noticed that a new display bug has been in my opinion introduced in the first June patch and the second (6/7 & 6/9). In the 6/7 patch it was introduced that you can rearrange the accounts on the left, for years the Business Cat on the left listed things under it as (ex:) Invoices "Account Receivables" then under that Banking "Checking".

Since the June update these have now been reversed, where banking is on top and the Account Receivables in under it and cannot be changed. I would post a pic but obviously there is no way to attach a picture.

Anyone notice this? There is 0 possibility to fix it as the last April patch (4/29) that I downgrade to fixes the issue, so I am stuck on this patch until this is corrected.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the bug since I don't use the Home & Business edition, but you can also submit a bug with Help -> Report a problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ComputerGuardian
    ComputerGuardian Member ✭✭
    Thanks I already know that, but that is useless as you get no confirmation about anything, I already called the support line and they took the report, but told me to post it here for the Devs to see as they look at the forums often she said. I am not looking for suggestions, I merely posted this here as I was told and for possibly anyone else that has the H&B and noticed the same thing as well as shine a light on the problem. There is NO user fix for this.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a way to attach pictures to your comments:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.
    If you don't have the Attach Picture icon in the Comment block just drag and drop the image file into the comment block.

• ComputerGuardian
    > @UKR said:
    > There is a way to attach pictures to your comments:https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows
    >
    > Please
    > save images to files of file type PNG,
    > JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.
    > If you don't have the Attach Picture icon in the Comment block just drag and drop the image file into the comment block.

That would be a wonderful Idea, but considering that whole editing toolbar doesnt exist when leaving a comment its useless.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > There is a way to attach pictures to your comments:https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows
    >
    > Please
    > save images to files of file type PNG,
    > JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.
    > If you don't have the Attach Picture icon in the Comment block just drag and drop the image file into the comment block.

That would be a wonderful Idea, but considering that whole editing toolbar doesnt exist when leaving a comment its useless.
    New users don't have the full set of text edit choices available to them. That's why I stated:
    If you don't have the Attach Picture icon in the Comment block just drag and drop the image file into the comment block.

• ComputerGuardian
    Thanks missed that, and here is the picture, the picture on the top is the june update (The very first and the other 2 after all have this) ad the lower is the April patch, the last time the order was correct and has been for the 10 years I have been using it.
    pic1.jpg 818.2K
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the image. Let me see if I can get a moderator to comment.
    At this time I suspect that it's an unintentional side effect of the introduction of the new feature to allow reordering of the Account Bar with drag and drop (within a group's accounts).
  • ComputerGuardian
    > @UKR said:
    > Thanks for the image. Let me see if I can get a moderator to comment.
    > At this time I suspect that it's an unintentional side effect of the introduction of the new feature to allow reordering of the Account Bar with drag and drop (within a group's accounts).

Thats correct and what I suspected, it was introduced with the first patch on 6/7/22 which is when the rearrange feature was enabled. And each subsequent patches (2) have not fixed it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ComputerGuardian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and expressing your concerns.

I checked my own Quicken and am also seeing Banking first and Invoices second under the Business category in the Account list sidebar. I went ahead and forwarded this to other internal channels to seek confirmation whether or not this was an intentional design change or if this is in fact a bug.

I will post an update in this thread here once I have more information available to share! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ComputerGuardian
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @ComputerGuardian,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and expressing your concerns.
    >
    > I checked my own Quicken and am also seeing Banking first and Invoices second under the Business category in the Account list sidebar. I went ahead and forwarded this to other internal channels to seek confirmation whether or not this was an intentional design change or if this is in fact a bug.
    >
    > I will post an update in this thread here once I have more information available to share! Thank you.

I cant see this being a design change, if it is, there should be an option to change it considering its been the old way for 10+ yrs, and if it is a design change, then there should be an option to change the sub categories as well as the main ones.

Normally when invoices get processed that amount gets reduced and logically the number below which is banking increases (hence the term "bottom line") this way currently is much more confusing.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello again @ComputerGuardian,

We have just received confirmation that this is in fact an intentional design change.

Therefore, if you still wish to have these categories switched back, or want the ability to custom rearrange the account categories the way you can rearrange the accounts under each account category, then we recommend that you submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future, which you can do by creating an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ComputerGuardian
    edited July 2022
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello again @ComputerGuardian,
    >
    > We have just received confirmation that this is in fact an intentional design change.
    >
    > Therefore, if you still wish to have these categories switched back, or want the ability to custom rearrange the account categories the way you can rearrange the accounts under each account category, then we recommend that you submit an official request for this feature to be added in the future, which you can do by creating an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.
    >
    > Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 
    >
    > I hope this helps!

[Removed - Disruptive] And i have to create an "Idea Post" to put it back to the way it was for 10+ yrs and that makes the most sense then the current design? [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

I will be not posting an idea, but filing a formal complaint about this [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines].
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

This is the DUMBEST design change out of everything.
    I'm not sure, the idea to sort the investment transactions by security and then action instead by order entered as it has been done from the very first day they had investment accounts ranks pretty high up there.

Note they did relent on that one and make it optional after lots of people complained.
    Signature:
  • ComputerGuardian
    edited July 2022
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I'm not sure, the idea to sort the investment transactions by security and then action instead by order entered as it has been done from the very first day they had investment accounts ranks pretty high up there.
    >
    > Note they did relent on that one and make it optional after lots of people complained.

Dont have a clue what your talking about, and really if anything the optiont to change sub-categories should be an option, as the moment it is not, and Invoices should be before checking or banking info since as invoices come in the amount reduces and the checking increases, in this [Removed - Disruptive] design its reversed and its [mess]ing me up when looking at it.

[Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was talking about this "feature":
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912102/r40-13-reintroduces-investment-transaction-sort-order-bug

Same kind of thing, out of the blue they changed what has been around to 30 years, and no one could figure out why.  People pushed back and they made it an option.

I was only stating that the change you are looking at might not be the "DUMBEST" since this one is definitely in the completion.

But at this point, about the only thing that can be done for the problem you are talking back is seeing if you can drum up enough support to get changed to being an option.  There is no telling where the idea of this change came for and as such you have no idea of how much "force" is on the other side of this change.  As a result, in my opinion, you best bet is to try to drum up enough support for the idea of making it optional.
    Signature:
  • ComputerGuardian
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I was talking about this "feature":
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912102/r40-13-reintroduces-investment-transaction-sort-order-bug
    >
    > Same kind of thing, out of the blue they changed what has been around to 30 years, and no one could figure out why.  People pushed back and they made it an option.
    >
    > I was only stating that the change you are looking at might not be the "DUMBEST" since this one is definitely in the completion.
    >
    > But at this point, about the only thing that can be done for the problem you are talking back is seeing if you can drum up enough support to get changed to being an option.  There is no telling where the idea of this change came for and as such you have no idea of how much "force" is on the other side of this change.  As a result, in my opinion, you best bet is to try to drum up enough support for the idea of making it optional.

Well yes your link is no surprise because there are several bugs, I just dont understand why we are the test dummies.

As for drumming support, well here is the post, but the problem also is how many use H&B.
This discussion has been closed.