Synching issues with an investment account

My investment accounts appear in the desktop version but when I synch to the Web version one of the accounts is missing some securities. I have tried resetting the cloud data file but that didn't work. I tried removing the synch on that one account and then resynching it but it still is missing quite a few securities.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tbatman said:
    My investment accounts appear in the desktop version but when I synch to the Web version one of the accounts is missing some securities. I have tried resetting the cloud data file but that didn't work. I tried removing the synch on that one account and then resynching it but it still is missing quite a few securities.
    Hello @tbatman

I am sorry to hear about missing investment information in the Web app. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, please proceed to save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

• Go to Edit
      • Preferences
      • Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
      • Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
      • Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
      • Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files").

I hope to hear back from you after trying these steps. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tbatman
    tbatman Member
    I do not have that option underneath "Edit dataset name" button. I am using Windows 11 version R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited July 2022
    tbatman said:
    I do not have that option underneath "Edit dataset name" button. I am using Windows 11 version R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19.
    Hello @tbatman

Thank you for reaching out to me again, and for providing additional information about the situation. I do apologize about this problem remaining. 

Is the Sync: slider in the Mobile & Web tab in the Edit > Preferences window set to the ON position?

Also, are you able to see the Sign in as a different user option in blue in the Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts tab? If so, try logging in with your usual QuickenID and associated password, then exit Quicken and reopen the program. The option should appear after this. 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tbatman
    tbatman Member
    OK, I successfully deleted the cloud account.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited July 2022
    tbatman said:
    OK, I successfully deleted the cloud account.
    Hello @tbatman

Thanks for staying in communications with me about this.

I am glad to hear you were able to delete and manually reset the cloud account. Are you able to log into the Web app, and do you see the missing securities now?

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tbatman
    tbatman Member
    I do not see the missing any change in the missing securities.
  • tbatman
    tbatman Member
    Edit: I do not see the missing securities. No change in the account from before the above steps were done.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tbatman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue and trying the recommended steps previously provided by @Quicken Jared, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

At this point, we recommend that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agent may be required to file an escalation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.