Optum Bank Downloads offline

Gary Fisher
Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
The Quicken Connect link to Optum Bank suddenly stopped working as of June 1 or so.

When attempting to reset the connection the login dialog box for the provider within Quicken it does not accept the valid login credentials and refuses to connect. It just returns to the login dialog resulting in an endless loop.

Apparently something has changed with the protocol or processing at Optum and Quicken cannot complete the link.

No other troubleshooting steps including deleting and generating a new account has resolved the issue so I can only conclude that Quicken and Optum need to review and resolve this new incompatibility.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    same for me
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    me too
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, this helped and now I can connect to the Optum Bank account but it will not let me configure it as a credit card account. Only an investment account. Why is credit card not a choice? It use to work as a card.

thanks
    Bill
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Bill Zakowski,

Thank you for updating me, I am happy to hear that you were able to connect to your account!

As for Quicken marking this account as an investment account and not a credit card account, could you please create a test file and add the Optum Bank account to see if the same error occurs? You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Remember, it is recommended to save a backup (just in case)!

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    The same issue. There are two Optum Banks to try Optum Bank and Optum Health Bank HSA. Both successfully connect with my credentials but when presented with account type, credit card is not one of the choices, see pic.

This has been working for more than 1 year. What changed in June 2022?

Bill
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Bill Zakowski,

Thank you for uploading a screenshot and for attempting the test file. 

Due to the same issue occurring within the test file, you will need to reach out to Optum Banks Customer Support as this showed that the information is being sent through the servers incorrectly. We do recommend requesting to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    thank you
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    Optum is telling me it is a Quicken issue, oh well
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    @gary any luck?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Has anyone in this thread tried contacting Quicken Customer Support with this issue?  Although I am a Q Win user, I experienced a similar issue in early June where I got an error message saying my sign-on and/or password was incorrect for both my Optum accounts.  I called customer support and my issue was resolved within 24 hrs.  I don't know if it would help the situations here, but it's worth a try.
  • Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    No resolution so far on my side. I have reset, removed and added, setup new, removed old login PW, etc... all the typical procedures to try and reestablish a link but with no success. I have not contacted Quicken support yet. I will have to try that next.

Disappointing that the connection link with Optum failed all of a sudden without any changes on my part.

It appears however that Optum considers this a Quicken issue and so Optum support is a dead end..
  • Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    I am running the absolute latest build of Quicken on the latest release of macOS Monterey
  • @gary fischer - Have you tried calling Quicken Customer Support?
  • Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    Success. As of this morning I deleted the account and recreated it for the third time and it linked. Thanks to all for the suggestions. Whatever issues that were present must have been resolved at least for now.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    did it link as a bromate account of a checking / credit card account? I can't get it to link and display credit card transactions
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    @gary. sorry for the messy message. Can you tell me the steps you took to add it successfully? Are you seeing all your transactions? I just tried adding a new account (without deleting the existing account) and it failed.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    Optum Bank told me that they currently do not support detailed transactions for Optum Bank HSA accounts. They are also aware that when connecting to the servers they are incorrectly setting up the connection as a breakage account and not a debit account. I hope this helps
  • @Bill Zakowski I wouldn't trust that to be true.  I have two HSA accounts with Optum and they both download just fine.  In fact I just downloaded transactions for Optum this morning.  When I called them with an issue, two different representatives didn't know what Quicken was.  They also told me that 2FA could not be turned off, which is also not true.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    @Damian thanks for the tip. Are you manually downloading a csv file and importing the transactions or direct connecting? If direct connecting, Can you tell me how you are setting up the accounts? The URL for example. I have tried all 4 of the Optum results presented to me. Also, are you setting this up as a checking account or credit card account. It seems no matter what I do it connects as a Brokerage account and that doesn't support direct connections and detailed transactions.

thanks so much
    Bill
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @Bill Zakowski - I am downloading the HSA cash account transactions in Quicken directly from Optum. It set up as a checking account.  I got it working by contacting Quicken Customer Support.  They escalated the issues, gave me a ticket number, and both accounts started working again the next day, 

But the investment side has never been downloadable directly from Optum.  I update the investment piece manually via CSV from the Optum website.
This discussion has been closed.