Investments balances not accurate in updated Quicken

Options
DaveKStL
DaveKStL Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have the new version of Quicken downloaded and installed. all of the account balances except investments do not reflect what is in the register. Is there a setting I am missing? The account balance report where right on until this update.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Davekstl - your subject line and issue detail describe different and opposite issues.  Not which of your balances are not accurate.  Nevertheless, have you checked which balance you are using in the Account Bar?  Right click anywhere on the Account Bar to get to this menu.

• DaveKStL
    DaveKStL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I may have described this incorrectly. When I open Reports ... Quicken Standard Report ... Net Worth and Balances...Account Balances. All of the Accounts listed in the Register match the Balances in the Report Except Investments.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can only guess here, but in the Account Balances report, under the Advanced tab, is "include unrealized gain" selected?  If it's not, then the Report will show the Accounts' cost bases, not their current market value.
  • DaveKStL
    DaveKStL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did Check the Box and unchecked the box. The Investment balances are not even close to the register. I am wondering if this is a bug or a feature that was updated.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you seeing the same disconnect when you compare the report's values to the Account Bar (vertical listing of Accounts to the right or left of the screen)?  Make sure the Account Bar's setting is to "Show Current Balance in Account bar."
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are the investment account balances in the report less than or more than the register valuations?  ‘Less’ might suggest some securities are being omitted. More might suggest to me corruption or something else less obvious. 
  • DaveKStL
    DaveKStL Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is an update for everyone. The Account Balances are off a great deal. I spent over an hour with Quicken as they reviewed the issue. I am getting the Second Tier call this morning. It appears to be a bug. I will post what they say. To all of the suggestions, the report Account Balances is set up correctly. The All Transactions Section of Quicken Premier matches everything in Account Balance Report except my investments. This isn't detailed but balance info. I would post an image, but there is too much personal information.
  • DaveKStL
    DaveKStL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update...I spoke with the Second Tier at Quicken. He was able to get it to work restoring a previous file. He was "NOT" able to explain why the Accounts Balance in the All-Transaction Sections matched the Balances in the Register for all the accounts except Schwab, but Schwab was the only account that did not match the Balances in the Account Balance Report. Everything else matched, even after several tests including building a new file with fictitious data. So, in the end he said it could have corrupted something, but unsure of what. He stopped after we were able to build a new file. So there is no good explanation of what happned.
This discussion has been closed.