R42.8-R42.21 - Tags are deleted after One Step Update - might be Mobile SYNC related.

rjshupehelp
rjshupehelp Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Reports (Windows)
:#
All my tags are being erased by the One Step Update.

Procedure to replicate:
1. Install new update
2. Turn on Update Bills
3. Run One Step Update
4. Tags are gone

If I restore a backup the tags show up again. But they are erased by One Step Update

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4069)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mjcainks,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4069)

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello again,

Thank you all for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running R42.8, but am unable to replicate what you are seeing.  That is, I checked tags via the tools menu and all seems fine to me.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• My tags are missing as well..
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you see for .... Tools --> Tag List
    Are they actually missing from the Tag List - or just not showing in a Register, or a specific Report or ???

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Like @Bob_L I am running R42.8 but I do not see any issues with Tags. Please describe the problem in more detail:

-- Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what edition and version of Quicken you are running. Note that the Starter Edition does not support Tags in reports.
    -- If you go to Tools > Tag list, are the Tags present and the Hidden boxes not checked?
    -- Are the Tags missing from transactions that are already in your register?
    -- Are the Tags present in your registers but missing from reports?
    -- Are you not able to add tags to new transactions?
    -- Something different, or a combination of these?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Michael222
    Michael222 Member ✭✭
    I too lost tags on transactions after update to 42.8. Not sure if they were lost when program updated or after running One Step Update. Some tags had been deleted from the tag list.

Reloaded backup file and ran One Step Update a couple of times. Tags seem to be OK now.
  • rjshupehelp
    rjshupehelp Member ✭✭
    -- Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what edition and version of Quicken you are running. Version 42.8 Deluxe Edition
    -- If you go to Tools > Tag list, are the Tags present and the Hidden boxes not checked? One Tag is missing. The other Tags are present and Hidden boxes are not checked
    -- Are the Tags missing from transactions that are already in your register? Yes, they are ALL gone
    -- Are the Tags present in your registers but missing from reports? They are not present. My reports that depend on tags no longer work correctly.
    -- Are you not able to add tags to new transactions? I can add tags to new transactions
    -- Something different, or a combination of these? Not all One Step Updates cause the problem to occur. The problem occurs when I update certain accounts (e.g. Citi Cards) and not others.
  • rjshupehelp
    rjshupehelp Member ✭✭
    Additional information -
    Problem is reproducible. I have reloaded from backup and replicated the issue multiple times
    Updating Synchrony Bank Credit Cards also causes the problem to occur.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rjshupehelp. Are you running quicken mobile or web?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• rjshupehelp
    rjshupehelp Member ✭✭
    @Bob_L I strictly run Quicken on my laptop with Windows 10 Home
  • austinleslie
    austinleslie Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem with Quicken subscription, latest update. After the update, ran one-step update, all tags disappeared from register. After restoring from back-up, tags were restored. Then when synced to Quicken cloud, they disappeared again.
  • douglas doan
    douglas doan Member
    All tags disappeared.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    This sounds like a serious problem but it is apparently only affecting a limited number of users.

I recommend that everyone who is experiencing this problem report it via Help > Report a Problem and reference this discussion in the description. You will not get a response, but it may help the Quicken folks see how widespread it is and figure out what is going on.

You should also follow the link at Help > Contact Support and speak to a Support agent. Make sure the agent understands the problem. Get a ticket number for future reference.

Hopefully a Moderator will follow up in this discussion with an acknowledgement.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Doug Osborne
    Doug Osborne Member
    Confirmed this error as reported above. It's a very, very time consuming fix. Problem reported to Quicken.
  • chenfy71
    chenfy71 Member
    Having this problem as well. Data for at least one specific tag for the entire file wiped out. Keep restoring backup and issue reproduced after One Step Update.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'm running Quicken Deluxe on Windows 10. When I sync to the cloud I lose the tags that I have entered for all of my transactions.

I have tried resetting my cloud data. Any other suggestions?
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    I am also having the same problem. Tags are disappearing from my transactions when I do a 1-step update. I have tried resetting my cloud data, but that has not helped.
  • chenfy71
    chenfy71 Member
    Its after this recent update that may be causing the issue. I have attempted to restore backup because I lost all the tags. Anytime I attempt a one step update, the tags disappear.
  • rjshupehelp
    rjshupehelp Member ✭✭
    I replicated the problem with Maria @ Quicken today. She had me run a Validate and Repair on my original file (before the tags were erased), then One Step Update. That didn't help, the tags were erased again, so she assigned Ticket #9595201. I suggest we all reference that ticket going forward with Quicken Support.
  • @chenfy71 - just curious, if you were to manually put back the tags, do they still disappear when you do a one step update?
  • chenfy71
    chenfy71 Member
    When I import data manually without going through one step update, tags remain intact.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    @Damian - I have restored from a backup and then try syncing again, with the same results, i.e. I lose the tags that I have applied to my entries.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    > @rjshupehelp said:
    > I replicated the problem with Maria @ Quicken today. She had me run a Validate and Repair on my original file (before the tags were erased), then One Step Update. That didn't help, the tags were erased again, so she assigned Ticket #9595201. I suggest we all reference that ticket going forward with Quicken Support.

@rjshupehelp - Thanks for doing that and for providing us with the ticket number.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Very annoying! For now I won't do a one-step update/sync but will just use my Windows version of Quicken since Tags are important for me. Hopefully this will be resolved soon as I know I, like many others, like to record expenses on our phones as we incur them and then to upload them once we have access to a computer.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Very annoying that this is not resolved!

For now I won't do a one-step update/sync but will just use my Windows version of Quicken since Tags are important for me.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon as I know I, like many others, like to record expenses on our phones as we incur them and then to upload them once we have access to a computer.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Just spent time on the phone with Quicken support and appear to have resolved the issue. Here are the steps that were suggested:

1. Go to File/Copy or Backup - Create a Complete Backup
    2. In the new file open the register(s) for the financial institution(s) that you have linked.
    3. Click on gear wheel in the top right of the register.
    4. If the option to update the connection using the lightning bolt symbol is available then reconnect to the financial institution using that. -- Note - If there is not a problem with the connection then this option may not be available, so check each financial institution's register to see if the choice is available.

Hopefully this helps. The helpdesk staff cautioned that this may not be the same problem for everyone, but it is a place to start.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    > @Smokeyham said:
    > Just spent time on the phone with Quicken support and appear to have resolved the issue. Here are the steps that were suggested:
    >
    > 1. Go to File/Copy or Backup - Create a Complete Backup
    > 2. In the new file open the register(s) for the financial institution(s) that you have linked.
    > 3. Click on gear wheel in the top right of the register.
    > 4. If the option to update the connection using the lightning bolt symbol is available then reconnect to the financial institution using that. -- Note - If there is not a problem with the connection then this option may not be available, so check each financial institution's register to see if the choice is available.
    >
    > Hopefully this helps. The helpdesk staff cautioned that this may not be the same problem for everyone, but it is a place to start.

Just a quick update that the solution did not "hold" and I am now back to losing tags when I do one-step updates.

If anyone does find a solution it would be great to hear about it!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you!
    (CTP-4069)

-Quicken Anja

• NINAC
    NINAC Member
    Tags are mssing as well. An entire year of Citicard transactions!
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    I just spent 1-1/2 hours with an agent from Quicken. We seemed to have narrowed the problem to when an update is done with Quicken Mobile and Web. Initially the thinking was that the problem was caused by updating with financial institution(s).

I have disconnected from mobile and web so that my tags don't disappear and the agent has flagged the issue for further review.

I can still get updates from my financial institutions without losing my tags.

I am curious if others are having the same experience?
This discussion has been closed.