Reconciling 2 Credit Card accts.

Options
I have 2 credit card accounts One is set up with EZcardInfo and able to download Web content which is currently deactivated. The other account I would like to set up the same way but haven't accomplished it. The first card lets me reconcile the transactions like a checking account would. But the second account does not. What are the steps to making the second acct in Quicken like the first?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock. That did not work. The reconcile entry screen asks for total charges and total payments. The reconcile entry screen I want is the one that asks for the statement date and the ending balance.
    Reconcile only uses the ending balance and date and ignores the total charges and payments amounts.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The reconcile screen that asks for charges and payments requires entries in those boxes and well as statement date and ending balance.
    I suggest you enter 0 for the total charges and payments amounts.  Again, reconcile ignores the total charges and payments amounts.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are attempting to reconcile a register to a statement, I suggest you open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R.
  • JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried the suggestion by SuperUser. The Online tab is wanting me to set up a download link so I do not see the Reconcile box. If I have to set up the link for download first, should I use the Register name?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just tried the suggestion by SuperUser. The Online tab is wanting me to set up a download link so I do not see the Reconcile box. If I have to set up the link for download first, should I use the Register name?
    No.   If the register is offline, opening the register and pressing Ctrl + R should suffice since there is no online balance.
  • JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock. That did not work. The reconcile entry screen asks for total charges and total payments. The reconcile entry screen I want is the one that asks for the statement date and the ending balance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Reconcile only uses the ending balance and date and ignores the total charges and payments amounts.
  • JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭
    Options
    The reconcile screen that asks for charges and payments requires entries in those boxes and well as statement date and ending balance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you enter 0 for the total charges and payments amounts.  Again, reconcile ignores the total charges and payments amounts.
  • JWClevenger
    JWClevenger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. That suggestion worked. Why didn't I think of that?
This discussion has been closed.