Net Worth vs Portfolio Value Reports

Options
LorraineMN
LorraineMN Member
edited August 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When I do a Net Worth Report and include unrealized Gains the Amount for Investment Accounts is the same as my Total Portfolio Value on the The Portfolio Value and Cost Basis Report.
When I do a Net Worth Report and do not include unrealized Gains the Amount for Investment Accounts should match the Costs Basis total in the Portfolio Value and Costs Basis Report.
It did until April.
Since then the two report values have differed by a specific check I wrote in April. The check was an outstanding check in April and was a Reconciled Check in May. Both April and May Net Worth Report Investment Accounts are overstated by the amount of this check.
I have voided this check, reentered and reconciled my accounts. The Portfolio Value Statement is correct. What went wrong. How can I fix it?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would start by backing up your data, then going to File > Validate and Repair and validating your file. If you have not already, you could also delete and re-enter the original check transaction.

Hopefully one of those will fix it will fix it. If not, please post back and we will try other options.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also is the check written from a checking account, directly from your investment account, or from an investing account's linked checking account?
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.