Treasurer's Report

Gustogal
Gustogal Member
edited August 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hi -

I have been using the transaction report to create my current Treasurer's Report and then export to Excel, but then I have to regroup all the Income and Expenses (in Excel) as well as create explanations as I don't see a way to use the Categories and Tags for that purpose. I'm trying to simplify the process. Please advise if anyone has any ideas!

Thanks!!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm missing something. Why aren't you using the Income & Expense by Category report that's already in Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at using the Itemized Categories report (Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories).  I have found it to be a great and easy tool for this purpose.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're running a Banking > Transaction report because you have to show all the details of transactions in your report, you can use the Transaction report for that.  Customize the report to sort by Category and subtotal by Category and that will present each transaction in in Category, along with the Category total.  You might still have to do some adjustment to bring the Tags together since there's no second subtotal available on that report for tags.  But between the Category names and the Tag names most transactions should be fairly well explained.  Filling in the Memo field when entering transactions can serve to explain the transaction in great detail.
  • Gustogal
    Gustogal Member
    Thanks Tom, the memo field is helpful, but maybe I'll need to tweak the customization further. Thanks for the response!
  • Gustogal
    Gustogal Member
    Income & Expense by category seems to total like expenses and incomes, and I need to identify individual transactions.

I will look into the Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories Report and let you know if that is helpful.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Gustogal said:
    Income & Expense by category seems to total like expenses and incomes, and I need to identify individual transactions.

I will look into the Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories Report and let you know if that is helpful.
    The Itemized Categories report will show all of the individual transactions.  It will also show the Memo Field for each transaction so those memos you enter into the transactions will also be visible.  I have found this report to be perhaps the most useful one for my needs....well, maybe the most useful one outside of the Tax Reports.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.