Why does Direct connect NOT work with PNC?

hal@
hal@ Member ✭✭
Went from web connect (because it did not work) to Direct Connect (according to Quicken) and that does not work --

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hal@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding PNC, the PNC Virtual Wallet accounts can not be downloaded via Direct Connect.  I don't know if Q has the intelligence to know the difference, but DC will not work with them.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• hal@
    hal@ Member ✭✭
    not using virtual wallet
  • georosnc
    georosnc Member ✭✭
    Isn't it ridiculous that this problem has been going on for at least 4 months and Q cannot figure it out???? This is a serious major problem for PNC customers and I have recently begun to have DC problems with Citi as well. When will this get the attention it deserves?????
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what your issue is, I have been using PNC for going on two decades with next to zero issues. You do not give much in the way of your issue or what you have attempted to do to resolve your issue. First, PNC checking and savings uses DC. I cannot comment on virtual wallet as I do not use, but it used to be they were not supported. Credit cards only use EWC so you need to access CC accounts using the PNC web connect account setup.
    If you can provide more detail, hopefully we can get you setup.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    Regarding PNC, the PNC Virtual Wallet accounts can not be downloaded via Direct Connect.  I don't know if Q has the intelligence to know the difference, but DC will not work with them.
    I have since learned from a user with actual experience that PNC Virtual Wallet does support Direct Connect.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I have had Virtual Wallet accounts with PNC since last Oct and have been downloading via DC since then, mostly without issue.
    What many do not realize is that you cannot simply switch from WC or EWC to DC, nor set up the account(s) via Add Account or Set Up Now without taking the following steps:
    • DC with PNC requires a different login ID and PIN.
    • You must contact PNC and they will select and mail you a unique PIN to be used. 
    • They will also advise if you are to use your SS number for the UserID or if they will provide you a unique Customer ID that will also be mailed to you (separately from the PIN). 
    • After you get the mailing(s), then you are able to proceed with setting up DC.
    • Be sure to back up the data file before proceeding further.
    • Deactivate the EWC or WC connections for each PNC bank account.
    • Remove the Financial Institution information from the General tab of Account Details...everything above the Contact Name field...for each PNC bank account.
    • From Add Account or Set Up Now:  Be sure to select the PNC Bank - Direct Connect set up link.  No other link will work with DC.
    • Be sure to also select Advanced Options and then select Direct Connect before proceeding with Next.  Then follow the prompts.
    • If prompted, be sure to Link the download(s) to the accounts already in Quicken.
    • If duplicates are entered into the account register(s), they will need to be manually deleted.
    If these steps are followed, the result should be a successful DC connection.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.