How best to resolve duplicated accounts after update

My Quicken use is very simple. One checking account. One credit card account. I've been using it for about a year and have downloaded years worth of transactions and have categorized everything. So recently I updated Quicken and it created a .qdf file on my PC. When I started up Quicken it asked me for the file. So I pointed to it. Then everything loaded back in. But when I tried to update the accounts there was an error with my checking account. So after a few things that didn't help, I did a "reset account" on the account details window. Now I have duplicate checking accounts but the new one of course doesn't have much data in it and the original account still isn't updating. This is through Express Web Connect.

Answers

• Version R42.21 Build 27.1.42.21 First Citizens Bank
  • Looks like my credit card account with Chase also isn't updating.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @HighlanderPilot,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting, I recommend saving a backup first (just in case).

I believe the easiest fix would be to delete the new duplicated accounts that have very little data in them by right-clicking their account name in the account list and selecting Edit/Delete account. Then click Delete Account in the bottom left, type yes and click OK.

Once you have deleted the duplicate accounts, I advise that you reconnect the original accounts through "Add Account". To do so, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I'm trying this. How do I "link" accounts?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022
    I'm trying this. How do I "link" accounts?
    On the screen that will pull up all of your accounts, you will see an "Action" column (last column). In that column, each account will have a dropdown menu where you can choose the option for Link to existing account (see below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Thanks for your help Anja. I'm still having no success. I don't see that screen. Just to be clear, I'm using Starter Edition in Windows.
  • And I'm getting a "CC-800" error message when I attempt to update the original account. The one that I have put a lot of work into categorizing 6 years of transactions.
  • Hi Anja, I finally found the screen you were suggesting. I was having mixed results so I decided to restore from a two week old backup file and everything is now working perfectly. Thanks for your time.
  • Quicken Anja
    @HighlanderPilot Thanks for the update! Glad to hear everything appears to be working now. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.