VyStar Credit Union - delisted from Quicken choices -

Oceanfront
Oceanfront Member ✭✭
Did Quicken delist Vystar Bank from the institution choices list to stop folks from trying to connect until the sync issue is resolved, or has Vystar made a strategic decision not to support Quicken anymore?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I don't see VyStar Credit Union  listed anywhere - on the Windows side -
    It was listed as of April -
    15538    15538    15538    VyStar Credit Union    http://www.vystarcu.org
    1-800-235-6289
    https://online.vystarcu.org/VYCU/Login.aspx    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Oceanfront
    Oceanfront Member ✭✭
    Same on the Mac side. Looking for Quicken support to respond with updated info on the future of Vystar and Quicken...I thought it was a temporary issue, but it has been many weeks now, and the rest of the services are back online. But Quicken does not appear to be in Vystar's future anymore. Have to anticipate there are a lot of businesses starting to look elsewhere by now. It is one thing to be down; it is another to simply disappear and stay silent about your ability to remediate an issue with a timeline.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Oceanfront

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this issue. 

I have looked further into this situation internally and have found that Vystar is currently temporarily unavailable, however, we are investigating further but there is no current ETA. 

I hope this clears things up and I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mike506
    Mike506 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I have been using Quicken for years. I use Quicken Home and Essential. I have been unable to connect to my bank for over 2 years now and is has become very frustrating. My bank VyStar Credit Union is going though server changes now which is making it worse. Is it possible to do everything online and abandon the desktop version? I need to run reports and categorize many different items. I cant keep doing transactions manually its driving me crazy!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time there is no way to run the "Quicken on the web" browser app or "Quicken Mobile" smartphone app without a current "Quicken for Windows" or "Quicken for Mac" subscription software installed on a desktop. Your mobile data needs to be synced with the desktop file for everything to work.
    The only alternative to the above, within limitations, might be Simplify by Quicken. Everything, including your personal Quicken data, is online on a Quicken server.
    If you tell us more about your actual Quicken desktop version (there's no such thing as "Home and Essential" on Windows) and the problems you are having (Vystar excluded, because they might eventually get their act together), we might be able to help you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Mike506 said: I have been using Quicken for years.
    What actual version ...... Help --> About Quicken
    Is your bank (that hasn't worked for 2 yrs) different than VyStar Credit Union ?
    The desktop version is the anchor for the Quicken Cloud
    which merely reflects those Quicken Accounts you select
    to be made viewing via the Quicken Mobile App or the Quicken Web portal....
    Once you have setup your Quicken, enabled the Quicken Cloud, selected your Quicken Accounts to be avail in the Cloud, you can do a lot of things with just the Mobile App or Web portal - but there are lots of features & functions that don't exist in those online feature sets....  It's really not an OR choice - but more of a AND choice concerning desktop...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mike506
    Mike506 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > At this time there is no way to run the "Quicken on the web" browser app or "Quicken Mobile" smartphone app without a current "Quicken for Windows" or "Quicken for Mac" subscription software installed on a desktop. Your mobile data needs to be synced with the desktop file for everything to work.The only alternative to the above, within limitations, might be Simplify by Quicken. Everything, including your personal Quicken data, is online on a Quicken server.If you tell us more about your actual Quicken desktop version (there's no such thing as "Home and Essential" on Windows) and the problems you are having (Vystar excluded, because they might eventually get their act together), we might be able to help you.
    ------------------------------------

I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property Version R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8

A few years back when I first connected Quicken to VyStar Credit Union it all worked like a dream. I have 6 accounts with VyStar and all was connecting and downloading fine. Then I started having issues with connections and downloading transactions. Only with VyStar. All other institutions were ok.

I worked with Quicken and VyStar support and was able to get it to work for a short time then it stopped again. I have been unable to get a connection to VyStar Since. I was hopeful with the new server they are connecting that I can try again and get lucky.

It all seems to point to VyStar. I was just hoping for a solution since I don't plan on changing banks.

Mike
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time, Vystar appears to have been removed from the list of supported financial institutions. That means you cannot activate your accounts or even try to download transactions from them in QFX file format.
    I do not know what the actual status is with respect to reconnecting their services to Quicken. Perhaps someone from Quicken can chime in.
    If Vystar management does not give you a clear answer, perhaps it's time to look for a new bank to do business with.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike506 said:  It all seems to point to VyStar.
    I was just hoping for a solution since I don't plan on changing banks.
    YUP - As mentioned - VyStar has made a decision to no longer support Quicken for any kind of online downloading.
    Only option is to manage the Quicken Account manually ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dcostandi
    dcostandi Member ✭✭✭
    Vystar hasn't replaced their Quicken full sync capability since their disastrous platform update. Some have indicated it could be 6 months before they give us back the functionality they took away.
  • bobmeyer
    bobmeyer Member
    I was able to sync several Vystar accounts today. It required a Validation Text.
    One of my accounts still won't update.
  • bobschle
    bobschle Member ✭✭
    BOBMEYER, How were you able to do that. When I enter VYSTAR in the name it says it is not found
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    It has to be existing Quicken / Vystar connection in your version. I made the connection today (although it said 49 transactions and none were added), but made the mistake of resetting the connection to try to get the transactions to add to my register. Now, it's not available to be re-added. My wife's accounts are still connected, but mine are not.

I hate Vystar, so very much, right now about this. They are horrendous, but hopefully Quicken can work with them to get their POS site connected.
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > YUP - As mentioned - VyStar has made a decision to no longer support Quicken for any kind of online downloading.
    > Only option is to manage the Quicken Account manually ...

You know this for a fact? Or are you just speculating? Can you supply evidence of this 'decision' that you seem to be privy to?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\fidir.txt for VyStart.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Sourwine15 said:  You know this for a fact? Or are you just speculating? Can you supply evidence of this 'decision' that you seem to be privy to?
    Why so distrusting.....
    as @Greg_the_Geek mentions -
    just search the internal Quicken config file and see if VyStar is listed anywhere....
    NOPE ?? - then call them and ask WHY they have chosen to NOT contract with Quicken for support of downloading -
    ... using Notepad & turn Word Wrap OFF ... this is what is used for the ... Quicken Add Account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sourwine15 said:  ... but hopefully Quicken can work with them to get their site connected.
    Quicken is a "service and content BUSINESS" - and VyStar has chosen to no longer purchase Quicken services -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Sourwine15 said:  You know this for a fact? Or are you just speculating? Can you supply evidence of this 'decision' that you seem to be privy to?
    As mentioned in your other duplicate posting on the VyStar topic - here is my duplicate answer from July 21 -
    I don't see VyStar Credit Union  listed anywhere - on the Windows or Mac side - as of then July 21 or today August 7 -
    It was listed as of April 2022 - but is NOT NOW - so go ask VyStar about Quicken support -
    15538    15538    15538    VyStar Credit Union    http://www.vystarcu.org
    1-800-235-6289
    https://online.vystarcu.org/VYCU/Login.aspx    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mike506 said:
    Is it possible to do everything online and abandon the desktop version? I need to run reports and categorize many different items. I cant keep doing transactions manually its driving me crazy!
    I find this train of thought "confusing".

The reason you can't download transactions into Quicken Desktop is because your financial institution doesn't allow it.  So, how would any "online" service be able to get transactions?  It would have the exact same problem.

Quicken Mobile/Web/Simplify don't have any different ways of getting the transaction data that Quicken Desktop doesn't already have.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I take back the part about Simplify since I'm not absolutely sure Quicken Inc is using Intuit for the aggregator for it.  If they are then it would have the same restrictions.  If not it might be possible.  Out of curiosity I went through the motions to of adding VyStar Credit Union as an external account to my Chase account, and it does show it as one it supports.  So, VyStar Credit Union does allow at least some aggregators to connect to their customer's accounts.  But evidently not Intuit.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Quicken is a "service and content BUSINESS" - and VyStar has chosen to no longer purchase Quicken services -

As asked in another thread, do you have factual knowledge of this? Or are you pulling this out of your backside?
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > As mentioned in your other duplicate posting on the VyStar topic - here is my duplicate answer from July 21 -
    > I don't see VyStar Credit Union  listed anywhere - on the Windows or Mac side - as of then July 21 or today August 7 -
    > It was listed as of April 2022 - but is NOT NOW - so go ask VyStar about Quicken support -
    > 15538    15538    15538    VyStar Credit Union    http://www.vystarcu.org
    > 1-800-235-6289
    > https://online.vystarcu.org/VYCU/Login.aspx    ACTIVE
    > BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    > BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    > BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

So, you are presenting something as factual without any basis of knowledge other than a couple of dots that YOU have decided to connect. Please don't do this any longer without FACTUAL knowledge of the situation - ie: Vystar has put out a formal statement. If you don't have tangible factual knowledge, best to keep your mouth shut on the matter or add a qualifying statement that it is your OPINION.

The Vystar situation has been fluid for months now with them gradually re-adding services after completely changing their foundational platform. It took months for their website to come back, and then longer for the mobile app, etc. The fact that Vystar is not currently listed does NOT necessarily mean that "VyStar has made a decision to no longer support Quicken for any kind of online downloading."

So, unless you can provide some formal proof that they have discontinued this, I will file your comments on 'forum troll know-it-all running his mouth without any factual basis'
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    Additionally, I kind of doubt the below post would be continually updated if, as you seem to be all knowing, 'Vystar has made a decision...'.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915343/ongoing-8-6-2022-vystar-credit-union-not-supported-at-the-moment
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you don't consider Vystar's ABSENCE from FIDIR.txt to be sufficient evidence?  That file lists ALL of the Financial institutions that currently have agreements with Q to provide download abilities into Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > And you don't consider Vystar's ABSENCE from FIDIR.txt to be sufficient evidence?  That file lists ALL of the Financial institutions that currently have agreements with Q to provide download abilities into Q.

I do not. I consider that a wild assumption that may be correct and it may not be correct, but at the end of the day it remains an assumption. Passing that assumption off as fact and adding verbiage like "Vystar has made a decision..." is irresponsible. Vystar has MAJOR issues right now with their system and that, most likely, remains the issue... not a lack of perceived unwillingness to participate with Quicken.

Seeing a 'SuperUser' acting like they have secret knowledge is irritating, and the post that I pasted clearly shows otherwise.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll probably request this “discussion” be closed… 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > I’ll probably request this “discussion” be closed… 

It's really simple. Admit you made something up and that there is no formal statement that Vystar made the decision that you claimed they made. It's irresponsible as a SuperUser. Just be honest.
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    Anyone coming here for information... Trust the formal comments from Quicken folks at this link:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915343/ongoing-7-23-2022-vystar-credit-union-not-supported-at-the-moment
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Follow along here - will request this be closed
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915343/ongoing-7-23-2022-vystar-credit-union-not-supported-at-the-moment 

But I thought you said "VyStar has chosen to no longer purchase Quicken services". Why would you now advise people to follow the link that I've been posting if they are no longer choosing to purchase Quicken services? Hmmmm. I'll take that as your acknowledgement that you spoke without knowing the full story, made an assumption (even if usually is the case), and drew your own conclusion.
This discussion has been closed.