Sorry We encountered a problem (it's not your fault) ... PNC

Ray0719
Ray0719 Member
I have been connecting to PNC bank with no issues. When I tried to download transactions from PNC this past Saturday I got nothing, when I knew transactions cleared. I deactivated the setup and tried to reset it up. That is when I got the message " Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not fault). Something had to change because it was working perfectly. Is it something with your latest release?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Ray0719,

I suggest that you change the connection to "Direct Connect", since that is more reliable and is available from PNC at no additional charge.  However, to do so, you will need to call PNC and request it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken's answer here is pretty much "contact support."
    You're essentially talking to other users like yourself here so nobody can really answer your direct question of "Is it something with your latest release?" until lots of people with the latest release start noticing the same problem and start posting in here.
    In fact, it's difficult to really know what the "latest" release really is because Quicken has adopted the policy of distributing really "new" releases gradually to users on a random basis.  It would be super helpful if you could tell us what release you're actually using here.  (Help > About Quicken)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ray0719,

In addition to the comment by @Tom Young above, it would be helpful to know which method you are using to connect to PNC - likely it is either "Direct Connect" or "Express Web Connect".  You can view the connection type from the "Online Services" tab in the "Account Details" window.

Frankx 

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    it is web connect
  • Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    Also there is no error code with this message
  • Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    Release is R42.21
  • Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    I called Quicken and I am not the only one having the same issue with PNC Bank. They said to try in 3 to 4 days
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Ray0719,

I suggest that you change the connection to "Direct Connect", since that is more reliable and is available from PNC at no additional charge.  However, to do so, you will need to call PNC and request it.

Frankx

• Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    Thanks.. I have made the request to PNC for Direct Connect
  • Psapp
    Psapp Member
    been having the same issue here for a week. Error CC-505 and to my understanding its a quicken issue with communicating to PNC. I use Direct connect and had been working fine until the latest update R42.21 I hope this issue is resolved soon
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "CC" error indicates that you're actually using Express Web Connect to download information from PNC.

• Jill@
    Jill@ Member ✭✭
    For those of us who want the privacy of Web Connect, what is the estimated repair time? My connection went down right after the latest update. Please keep your tone civil. The fact that so many experienced this problem after an update should be gracefully taken into consideration.
  • Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    When I called they gave no ETA. I have not been able to download transactions since July 29th
  • teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    They just updated the known issue notice today saying that it is now resolved: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917478/resolved-8-22-22-pnc-bank-web-connect-cc-505-105#latest I still cannot get a connection, though.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @teendoc

Are you still getting an error code - and if so, which one?  Also which method are you using to connect to PNC (I suspect it is Express Web Connect)?

Frankx

• Ray0719
    Ray0719 Member
    Not having an issue now. I use web connect, but got information from PNC for direct
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ray0719

Glad to hear that - I think you'll be pleased with the results which, for me, have been very consistent.

Frankx

• teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @teendoc
    >
    > Are you still getting an error code - and if so, which one?  Also which method are you using to connect to PNC (I suspect it is Express Web Connect)?
    >
    > Frankx

Yes I am still having connection issues. Same message: Oops we are having a problem. CC-501
This discussion has been closed.