Payees & Categories were changed after recent Quicken update. How do I correct this? (Q Mac)

Qunbee
Qunbee Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)
After the most recent Quicken update, my existing payee & category names were changed. Example: I have 3 Citi credit card accounts. Now the payments for these have been edited and the payments (for years back) display incorrect payee names & categories. I can't figure out how to undo this because these separately named accounts are now somehow linked. Renaming the payee for one account renames the payee for the other accounts.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Qunbee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    I have had to do restores several times over the many years of using Quicken and I am not happy about needing to do one to resolve this issue. I edited the categories and payees by hand and also by batch if I could. I discontinued downloads from one account to stop Quicken from editing the transactions again.

This morning when I (apprehensively) updated again, Quicken again changed the payee names and categories for DIFFERENT payees than yesterday! What is going on? Thankfully, there weren't nearly the same number of transactions I needed to correct (only 20 something vs. 179 yesterday).

I re-checked the preferences to see if there was anything further I could disable to prevent this from continuing.

If you've got any other suggestions, I'm open. Why would restoring from a backup stop Quicken from re-changing the transactions when I do update? Maybe I'm missing something?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Do you have Quicken's Sync to Quicken Cloud turned ON (in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts) ? This kind of data changing sounds suspiciously like a problem where a change is happening in your cloud data and then synced down to overwrite your local data. Unless you depend on the Quicken mobile app or web interface, turning Sync OFF and then going to Preferences > Connected Services and clicking Reset for your cloud account might prevent this in the future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.