PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

schleiff
schleiff Member ✭✭
Is quicken having issues with pnc bank and downloading transactions

Best Answer

Answers

• jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to get into my Web Connect accounts all day. My Direct Connect accounts are downloading just fine.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    I'm getting CC-505 errors.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    There is a posted Alert for PNC: ONGOING 08/02/22 PNC Bank - OL 297-A & CC-501/101.
    This Alert is about Direct Connect and Web Connect issues being reported.  The DC issue is not affecting everyone as @jrbuch and I can attest to.  I do not know how extensive the WC issue is.
    If you want to be kept informed of updates on this, you might want to bookmark it as shown in this example.  If you bookmark it you will receive notifications of updates to it are made.:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    I've been getting "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE FDP-105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST-5 PM PST" errors since yesterday, even outside of those hours. Is this the same problem?
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Sorry--I'm on a Mac. I searched and didn't notice I was in the Windows forum. Will post in the Mac forum.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    I am also getting 505 errors for web connect to PNC.

Got the error code for the first time today Aug 6. Prior successful download from PNC was on Aug 1.

Using release R42.21.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE FDP-105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST-5 PM PST"
    If you're on the East Coast, please note the time zone in the error message. 4am PST = 7am EST
    If you haven't done so already, recommend you try again outside the hour of 4-5 PST (7-8 EST)

Is there a particular reason that accessing your accounts using Direct Connect on a regular basis is not sufficient? Why do you also have to download from their website using Webconnect (QFX files)?

• teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I am on the East Coast, and I did notice the time zone. I tried this many times yesterday and today, from early in the day until 11 PM or later last night. Including several times after 8 PM. I get this error no matter when I try. Is PNC really saying they are blocking Intuit from 7 am to 8 pm EST 7 days per week?

I didn't realize until I saw a different post that I am not using Direct Connect. I am using Quicken Connect. But the fix in that post was to use Direct Connect, which is not an option I'm given. This is possibly related to my being on a Mac, as I mentioned above when I realized I was in the Windows forum. I did post in the Mac forum and would have deleted my post here but I couldn't find an option to delete.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    i have the same problem. 2 days straight and i can't connect to pnc. i've tried plenty of times outside the hours given for the outage.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    It is past 8PM EST and still receiving 505 error.

Update Aug 7: Deactivated all my PNC accounts then tried to re-establish the accounts and got the following message: "Quicken is having trouble connecting the PNC Bank". See screenshot. Quicken support on chat today told me to call Quicken support directly tomorrow,
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    I am still getting all kinds of errors and it wont download and update my transactions
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Also getting 505 errors with Web connect
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. I am glad I came to this forum. Now I can't blame myself for lack of skills. Having One Step Update problems with PNC since yesterday.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2022
    For those of you who are experiencing these issues with Web Connect:  I encourage you to report the problem to Quicken either by Phone or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) or via Help > Report a Problem (be sure to attach the log files).  The more people who report this problem the more likely it will help to raise the priority level and the more information they receive the more likely they will be able to definitively identify the cause and the corrective action.
    For those of you who are experiencing these issues with Direct Connect:  You can also contact Quicken but I have found that when I have been getting a PNC download error Update Now has always been successful...Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.
    I have not seen anyone posting here saying they have had problems with Express Web Connect downloads.  If anyone is, please let us know.

• ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I think we're all having problems with Express Web Connect. I know I am. I did report the problem to Quicken and attached log files.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    it has been at least 3 days during which pnc web connect does not connect. i live in pacific time, the times showing up in the error message are meaningless. no matter when i try, it does not connect.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the Region Settings on the Computer. Check the Time settings on the following:
    1. Modem
    2. Router
    3. Computer
    If one is set incorrectly, can cause problems.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• kangod
    kangod Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Returning error when I try to update accounts. I tried to update using the online center, contact info. It says that the accounts need to be updated, but when I refresh and update/send there's no change and it still doesn't work.
  • Skeeter Boozer
    Skeeter Boozer Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm having trouble updating my transactions from PNC Bank accounts. This has been going on for the last 3 or 4 days.
  • frekwentflier
    frekwentflier Member ✭✭
    I'm also getting CC-505 on all of my PNC accounts. I have reported it.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > For those of you who are experiencing these issues with Web Connect:  I encourage you to report the problem to Quicken either by Phone or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) or via Help > Report a Problem (be sure to attach the log files).  The more people who report this problem the more likely it will help to raise the priority level and the more information they receive the more likely they will be able to definitively identify the cause and the corrective action.

Thanks. It's still happening. I reported it and attached the log files.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Same issue here for three days with PNC Express Web Connect. You have to use Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect for any PNC VISA.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    now in addition to the pnc issues which support says is a known problem, i am having santander cc-800 issues which support chat says needs to be escalated to next level and I should contact CS 8-8 est the exact time I am on my way to work, at work and on my way home from work. WTF is going on here, if quicken was free, ok, but we are now paying for their service. Get if fixed!
  • dmoffa
    dmoffa Member ✭✭
    There is an issue. Talked to Quicken and had to get a case #.
  • jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭
    PNC web connect not working. PNC direct works fine for download and direct to PNC bill pay
  • Amy1801
    Amy1801 Member
    Yep, me too. Here we go again.
  • ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    How can I switch from Web Connect to PNC direct if this doesn't get resolved?
  • ekbm90
    ekbm90 Member ✭✭
    me, too
  • schleiff
    schleiff Member ✭✭
    What I did was to download (export) the particular account at pnc I wanted to reconcile/cleared the transactions that did not get downloaded prior to this PNC issue. I clicked on the downloaded file and said open with quicken. Then I made sure I linked it to the PNC account in my quicken where those transactions should go. I often pre enter transactions manually before I even download, so it is just a matter of matching the cleared transactions and picking up a few I didnt pre enter manually. And that is it. Just be careful when quicken first opens, it will ask you if you want to create a new account with the downloaded transactions (you dont want to do this) you just scroll down the page a bit and link it to the appropriate PNC account. I have 2 PNC accounts so I had to select the correct one.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2022
    ObieWonA said:
    How can I switch from Web Connect to PNC direct if this doesn't get resolved?
    I have had Virtual Wallet accounts with PNC since last Oct and initially set them up with EWC.  But I had so many reliability issues with EWC that I changed the connection method to DC which has been very reliable for me.
    PNC does not have a monthly DC fee for personal accounts.  For business accounts I think the monthly DC fee is $2.00 or $2.50.
    One cannot simply switch from WC or EWC to DC nor set up the account(s) via Add Account or Set Up Now without taking the following steps:
    • DC with PNC requires a different UserID (PNC calls it CustomerID) and PIN.
    • You must contact PNC and they will select and mail you a unique PIN to be used. 
    • They will also advise if you are to use your SS number for the UserID or if they will provide you a unique UserID that will also be mailed to you (separately from the PIN). 
    • After you get the mailing(s), then you are able to proceed with setting up DC.
    • Be sure to back up the data file before proceeding further.
    • Deactivate the EWC or WC connections for each PNC bank account.
    • Remove the Financial Institution information from the General tab of Account Details...everything above the Contact Name field...for each PNC bank account.
    • From Add Account or Set Up Now:  Be sure to select the PNC Bank - Direct Connect set up link.  No other link will work with DC.
    • Be sure to also select Advanced Options and then select Direct Connect before proceeding with Next.  Then follow the prompts.
    • If prompted, be sure to Link the download(s) to the accounts already in Quicken.
    • If duplicates are entered into the account register(s), they will need to be manually deleted.
    If these steps are followed, the result should be a successful DC connection.

This discussion has been closed.