Investment performance report

Options
Jean Bilodeau
Jean Bilodeau Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is there a way to see the YTD return on the Investment performance report ? The Average Annual return is not meaningful.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you ask for the date range of the entire year (1/1 -12/31) the IPR average annual return value will reflect a non-annualized YTD value. That is, it will compute as if there is no change from now to the end of year. 
  • Jean Bilodeau
    Jean Bilodeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    From what I understand, the average annual return gives a % that you will get yearly if you continue to get this return. When i compute myself the YTD is return today it is far from this value.
  • Jean Bilodeau
    Jean Bilodeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    The report is not good at all for this. But at least I found that I can find this value by using the investing view, filtering on what I want and displaying ROI % YTD. This is good but I can't save many investing view like I can with reports.
  • Jean Bilodeau
    Jean Bilodeau Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Wow ! I finally found on a discussion this and that's good for me:

"If you set the date range for the Investing Performance report to Annual and Current Year, it will do the IRR calculation assuming that the selected securities are unchanged for the rest of the year."
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The post referenced by the quoted text:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20072190/#Comment_20072190

Which says essentially the same thing @q_lurker posted a few comments back in this current discussion. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.