Chase Connection Update error

NoCo
NoCo Member ✭✭
When prompted to use the new Chase Connection, my accounts say "There is a problem downloading transactions" "Reconnect".

In quicken I get the "Chase needs to authorize your accounts", it takes me to Chase on the web, and I am able to successfully finish. I get an email from Chase saying Quicken/Intuit is authorized.

I can go to Chase.com and see the Quicken is Authorized there, but I keep getting the yellow error message on my account. I have done this for both my Chase account with 3 credit cards, and my Wife's account with 2 credit cards.

I've been waiting for a couple days to see if it will resolve itself, but hasn't happened yet. I was prompted to do the new method on Monday the 8th. Thanks

Comments

• bvd
    bvd Member ✭✭
    I am receiving the same messages about my Chase accounts as well. For me the issue began yesterday and has not been resolved.
  • bvd
    bvd Member ✭✭
    Issue resolved - I contacted Quicken Support and eventually had to reset the connection for each of my Chase accounts separately. Did this by bringing up a Chase account in Quicken one at a time, then selected Settings (lower right corner), then selected Downloads, then selected Reset Connection, then just followed the prompts. For one Chase account I had to redo this procedure three times before it finally took effect. According to the Quicken Support associate it has something to do with information on the old servers.
  • R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    I have had similar issue. Need to reset each account separately. Quicken might add this information in the notice.
  • J92130
    J92130 Member ✭✭✭
    BVD's resolution also worked for me.
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I have to click "Reconnect" button and go through authorizing Quicken to access Chase account info multiple times, and it eventually works. But that's only for that particular account. I have several Chase credit cards. This is maddening. Just like how Quicken screwed up when they rolled out the new method for Charles Schwab.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bvd,

Thanks for the update.  Can you tell me what the new connection is "called" in for Quicken Mac?  Is it "Quicken Connect+" ?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• sbennett3707
    sbennett3707 Member ✭✭
    I reset the connection and it automatically selected "Quicken Connect", which was how I had it set already. There was no "Quicken Connect+" as a selection. Am I safe to assume I'm done?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sbennett3707,

Did you receive the message that "your accounts have been authorized successfully" (see below)?  If so, I believe that you are done, at least for now.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031128/uploads/editor/s8/ocvyg1j4ycr7.png

Let us know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    I've been through this multiple times and got the "accounts authorized successfully" plus an email from Chase each time, but still can't download in Quicken.
  • NoCo
    NoCo Member ✭✭
    Issue Resolved - I took it a step farther then bvd above. I Disconnected all my chase accounts. I also took the advice from the Schwab troubleshooting and found a hidden chase account, and old CC, that was still connected, and disconnected it too. Yesterday it took 2-3 tries to get my wife's CC to work. This morning it took just one try to connect my Chase CC accounts. Not sure if it was a fix by Quicken or Chase, but it all is working as it should. thanks
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    > @QknF said:
    > I've been through this multiple times and got the "accounts authorized successfully" plus an email from Chase each time, but still can't download in Quicken.

Finally started working after another attempt. The only thing I did differently was check the box to enable connections for new accounts on the Chase website. I have no idea if that's what did the trick, though.
  • sbennett3707
    sbennett3707 Member ✭✭
    I got the message and it appears to be downloading. The question is "what changed"? I was already using Quicken Connect, so can I assume this only affects account using Direct Connect? The messaging on this is unclear.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Right, for some reason I still havent been prompted, but keep getting that the connection will change to quicken connect +, but there is no option for me. ive always been on quicken connect, do I need to do anything?

transactions are downloading
  • JohnFertig
    JohnFertig Member
    Similar problem, I get through the three items at Chase and then it goes "We'll be back shortly" screen. When I log into Chase separately it says I've authorized Quicken access. Seems like it is on Quicken's end. You guys need to be able to roll things like this out better.
  • Hey Quicken people. How about an update on this !!! It's been 2 weeks since this critical problem started and all you can say is that we're looking at it ?? Keep us posted daily.
  • Are they still working the update to link bills? Or is this never coming back?
  • I'm having the same issue. I just have a single credit card with Chase. The authorization works smoothly from Quicken and the Chase website, including getting an email confirmation from Chase. However when trying to update transactions Quicken shows a "CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND" error.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are they still working the update to link bills? Or is this never coming back?

It will. There is something partially working now but not the final solution. And this is a CHASE issue, not Quicken as Chase changed how they provide this data, not Quicken.

Not to say there have not been issues and poor communications from Quicken on the Chase EWC+ change, but this part belongs to Chase.
This discussion has been closed.