Filtering Register Transactions to show Uncleared

mulder1949
mulder1949 Member ✭✭
I am looking at my checking register. Many transactions. I wish to see those that have not cleared. I select the drop down filter above the register that says "All Transactions" and select "Uncleared" from the options. I am presented with all of my uncleared transactions. That's the great part. The bad part: I now see a green "Reset" button to return to the normal register view. Upon doing so, the program takes me to the "way back machine" and highlights a transaction, in this case, back in 2018. I now must hit "Ctrl+End" to get back down to today's date. Shouldn't the app do that itself? Take you back to where you were? It's an annoyance.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It sort of sounds like a bug to me.  I sort of see what it is doing, but going to the end of the register might be the right thing to do.

When you filter the register and then select a transaction, that is a certain row in the register.  When the filtering gets reset the position of all the transactions change and that position is no longer valid, but Quicken doesn't clear it and go to the end, instead it still goes to it, which means that it will end up at an arbitrary spot in the register.  And it really shouldn't do that.

I would use Help -> Report a Problem, to report this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For me, after Reset, the register is always positioned at the top, which, based on my register sort order, is the oldest transaction by Date.
    Would be nice, if the register were positioned to the new transaction line, wherever that may be:
    top if sorted by descending Date;
    bottom if sorted by ascending Date;
    bottom if sorted by anything else.
    Pressing CTRL-N is my method of returning "to normal".

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It sort of sounds like a bug to me.  I sort of see what it is doing, but going to the end of the register might be the right thing to do.

When you filter the register and then select a transaction, that is a certain row in the register.  When the filtering gets reset the position of all the transactions change and that position is no longer valid, but Quicken doesn't clear it and go to the end, instead it still goes to it, which means that it will end up at an arbitrary spot in the register.  And it really shouldn't do that.

I would use Help -> Report a Problem, to report this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mulder1949
    mulder1949 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding. Yes. I believe it to be a bug also. It has done it for quite some time and I finally decided I would ask if it is doing it for other folks. In my opinion, it should return you to where you were initially before applying the filter, or, at the very least, return to the end of the register. Have an excellent day.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For me, after Reset, the register is always positioned at the top, which, based on my register sort order, is the oldest transaction by Date.
    Would be nice, if the register were positioned to the new transaction line, wherever that may be:
    top if sorted by descending Date;
    bottom if sorted by ascending Date;
    bottom if sorted by anything else.
    Pressing CTRL-N is my method of returning "to normal".
  • mulder1949
    mulder1949 Member ✭✭
    Did not know about the Ctrl+N key combo. I should really investigate all of those :) It does what I want it to; get back to the end of my register.
This discussion has been closed.