Checking account transactions recorded, backed up and poof gone

Charlie Moore
Charlie Moore Member ✭✭
Why does this happen. I record the transaction, everything looks good, I backup for the day and close quicken. The next day I open Quicken and one or two transactions previously recorded and backed up will be gone. I have to hunt for them and re-record. This doesn't happen everyday but often enough for me to seek help here. Help!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Charlie Moore,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please note that the above instructions won't recover any lost data, however, it may help prevent the issue from reoccurring.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Charlie Moore
    Charlie Moore Member ✭✭
    OK, I will give it a shot and see what happens. I've been using Quicken since the mid-90's and this issue only appeared in the last year or so. Thanks for the help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there something peculiar with these AWOL transactions?
    For example, they are dated in the future while your register's Date Range is set to "Year to Date", thus not showing future transactions?
    If you don't mind, a little more detail would be helpful so we can try to get to the bottom of this mystery.
  • Charlie Moore
    Charlie Moore Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR, I don't think so. I always give a transaction the current date. The only thing peculiar is they relate to two accounts I pay from my checking register, a BOA VISA account and Synchrony VISA acct. I pay these bills from BOA checking and then enter them into the check register in Quicken. For some reason a few days they may be gone. When I find the missing entry and re-enter it the entry seems to stick.
  • Charlie Moore
    Charlie Moore Member ✭✭
    I validated the files and it all seems to be working now. I do appreciate the help. Thank you very much.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Charlie Moore Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.