Quicken not recognizing bank after transaction download

NMeir
NMeir Member
Greetings. I just subscribed to Quicken and am trying to get a full transaction history into it. I downloaded several months' worth of credit card statements from BofA in QFX format and am trying to upload them to Quicken, but the system is prompting me to credit a new credit card account for them rather than loading them into my existing BofA credit card profile. Any suggestions for solutions or workarounds? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    NMeir said:
    Greetings. I just subscribed to Quicken and am trying to get a full transaction history into it. I downloaded several months' worth of credit card statements from BofA in QFX format and am trying to upload them to Quicken, but the system is prompting me to credit a new credit card account for them rather than loading them into my existing BofA credit card profile. Any suggestions for solutions or workarounds? Thanks.
    Hello @NMeir

I am sorry to hear about this frustration with importing QFX files into Quicken. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Occasionally it happens that the transactions cannot be imported into the existing account. Try allowing the new account to be created by proceeding through the steps as usual, then try dragging and dropping the new transactions into the original account. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out if there are additional issues. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    To supplement Jared's post: after you import the transactions into the new account, click on the new account in the left sidebar, click on any transaction, select Edit > Select All (or Command-A), then click on any of the highlighted transactions and drag it over to your older account in the sidebar. All the transactions will move to the old account, leaving the new account with no transactions. Then Control-click on the new account in the left sidebar and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.