PNC Bank direct connect OL-294-A or OL-293-A

Options
JoshD
JoshD Member ✭✭
Until today, I was having issues downloading credit card transactions from PNC using web connect but direct connect for my checking and savings accounts and bill pay worked fine. Today I tried to pay a bill and update and the web connect (credit card) downloaded transactions but now the direct connect is not working. It first returned an error OL-294-A and when I tried again, it returned an error OL-293-A. I use this method for bill paying so please fix it quickly.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This error code indicates it is a Financial Institution server cause.  These types of issues cannot be fixed by Quicken and must be addressed by the Financial Institution.
    That being said, I have been getting OL-294-A and OL-293-A error codes for PNC from this morning through this evening.  Thought I'd try one more time a little after 10 pm (Central Time) and it then worked.
    I suspect the issue is related to the server issues PNC has had with EWC the last week or so.  They have been having significant server issues affecting all 3rd party financial softwares, including Quicken.  While it sounds like the EWC issue might be improving now it does seem that now they are working on the DC issue.
    I suggest trying to update with DC now or in the very early morning.  If it does not work and if you need to pay any bills you can always log into your online PNC and schedule the payment(s) there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This error code indicates it is a Financial Institution server cause.  These types of issues cannot be fixed by Quicken and must be addressed by the Financial Institution.
    That being said, I have been getting OL-294-A and OL-293-A error codes for PNC from this morning through this evening.  Thought I'd try one more time a little after 10 pm (Central Time) and it then worked.
    I suspect the issue is related to the server issues PNC has had with EWC the last week or so.  They have been having significant server issues affecting all 3rd party financial softwares, including Quicken.  While it sounds like the EWC issue might be improving now it does seem that now they are working on the DC issue.
    I suggest trying to update with DC now or in the very early morning.  If it does not work and if you need to pay any bills you can always log into your online PNC and schedule the payment(s) there.

• JoshD
    JoshD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. It worked this morning.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    You are welcome.  It just worked for me this morning (~9:30 am), too.

• cesmfs
    cesmfs Member
    Options
    I'm getting the same error (OL293-A) and am sick and tired of Quicken's excuse that it is a PNC problem. The Quicken community is certainly large enough to have PNC fix whatever problem it might be. It certainly is easier to blame the other guy than to try fix it or offer a workaround to solve the problem. BTW, none of the listed solutions work.
This discussion has been closed.