Don't want check writing - How do I get Quicken to stop?

Sometime back, I must have checked something I should not have - and since that date, when I transfer money between 2 of my accounts (actually a Savings-to-Savings), Quicken insists on writing a check - and put a little annoying icon to the left of the account (in my Account list) indicating "You have tasks to perform . . . .".
I can't get rid of it - Quickens insists on writing a check - and if I delete the check writing action, I end up deleting the transaction.
So does anyone know how to get me out of this annoying situation.
ron in shawnee

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check in the check number column.  Look for PRN or PRINT in the check number column and delete the word "Prn or Print".  Change it to the actual check number or leave it blank. It may be autofilling from a prior transaction for that payee that was a check.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check in the check number column.  Look for PRN or PRINT in the check number column and delete the word "Prn or Print".  Change it to the actual check number or leave it blank. It may be autofilling from a prior transaction for that payee that was a check.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ron n Round Rock
    Ron n Round Rock Member ✭✭✭
    volvogirl- Thanks, you are always there.
    Yes, that was it.  I didn't have the check # column displayed on my Savings accounts - but when I checked the box to display such, sure enough, there was a "Print" in the check # column.
    I deleted the Print - and the little annoying check-writing-to-do icon went away.
    Thanks for the help - wasn't a biggee -no, wait - it was a biggee - it was annoying the heck out of me.
    I will mark your response as answered - and so quick it was.
    ron in shawnee

This discussion has been closed.