Two factor authentication for downloads to Quicken from Fidelity Investments

mannyg
mannyg Member ✭✭✭
I just noticed on the Fidelity Investments Security Overview section they support 2-factor authentication by text or call".  I know from the past they ONLY supported 2FA with Symantec VIP Access and that stopped downloads from coming in.

I called their support line to see if it is supported i Quicken and the person said they don't take support calls for Quicken things.  The person said you can turn it on in the Fidelity Security Center and try it.  If it doesn't work, you can turn it off.

I did that when they supported VIP access and it was a painful process undoing it on the Quicken side (~circa 2010ish).

Has anybody enabled 2FA by Text and had any trouble getting downloads into Quicken?

Thanks,
mg

Best Answer

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have 2FA turned on for my Fidelity account and use Direct Connect from Quicken to Fidelity to get transactions from my investment account.  There is no impact.  Only when I use my web browser to log in to Fidelity is the 2FA code requested/required.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are using Direct Connect it you using 2FA on the website shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    Direct Connect uses its own security protocols.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have 2FA turned on for my Fidelity account and use Direct Connect from Quicken to Fidelity to get transactions from my investment account.  There is no impact.  Only when I use my web browser to log in to Fidelity is the 2FA code requested/required.
  • mannyg
    mannyg Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks!  I turned it on and have no issues with quicken downloads.
This discussion has been closed.