Why are transactions in the register not showing up in the reconcile?

sandraleedm
sandraleedm Member ✭✭
The transactions are definitely in the register -- They were probably downloaded transactions, but they do not show in the reconcile.

If I copy transaction / paste transaction, they will show up for the reconcile. Then, delete the original

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you add a couple of days to the end date?  It could be that the posting date is later than the end date that you are entering.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reconcile uses the Downloaded posting date for the reconciling of downloaded transactions.
    If you turn on the Downloaded posting date column/field you can see if that is what the problem is.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sandraleedm
    sandraleedm Member ✭✭
    The Date is in the right range, but I'm not sure about the Downloading date. @Chris_QPW I'll check that the next time this happens. Thanks!

The Downloading date should have nothing to do with the transactions that are included in the reconcile window. It is just the posting date that matters. But, I'll check that.

Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @sandraleedm It is the "Downloaded posting date", not the "Downloaded date".  This is the date that the financial institution posted/cleared the transaction, not the date that you downloaded it.

The "Date" in the register is just what the user put in and could be anything from very old to in the future.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • sandraleedm
    sandraleedm Member ✭✭
    Yes, I was referring to the 'Downloaded Posting Date'. Thanks. When it happens again, I'll double-check that column, as well.
This discussion has been closed.