IOS Mobile App has no transactions

Susie
Susie Member ✭✭✭
I reset my cloud data and now there are no transactions in Mobile App.  Balances are there, but no transactions.  There is a spinning wheel, but no transactions come in.  Is there a resolution for this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Susie said:
    thank you for the explanation. To be clear, I need to DELETE THE ORIGINAL CLOUD ACCOUNT?
    Yes, the reason for creating the new file is that you are unable to delete the cloud account while in the same file. It only allows you to delete cloud accounts of files that are not open at the time you delete them. Then once you switch back to your original data file and resync, it recreates the cloud account for that file.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Susie

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since you have already tried resetting your cloud data, next, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile app. Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file (this does not affect your data saved with your file).
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync
    5. Close Preferences
    6. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    7. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    8. Preferences...
    9. Connected Services
    10. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    11. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    12. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    13. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    14. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    15. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    16. Preferences...
    17. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    18. Click Enable Sync
    Once the sync completes, sign back into your mobile app to check and see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Anja.  I'm not sure I am comfortable deleting my Cloud account or creating a new data file.  My data goes back decades and I am fearful of losing or corrupting the data.  
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022
    Thank you for your response.

For clarification, the new data file will not replace your existing data file and as explained previously, this process also does not affect any data that is currently in your existing data file either. However, if you want to be cautious, you can save a backup prior to following the instructions.

When you reset the cloud, it also goes through the same process of deleting the cloud data and then resyncing the data file back to the cloud. The instructions I provided in my previous response are the same except that you will be manually doing it instead of letting the program do it for you through cloud reset. Your data file will not be affected by doing this. Once you've gone into the new file to delete the cloud data, you will switch back to your original file where your data will still be fully intact and resync it to the cloud so the data can also be retrieved in your mobile app.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    thank you for the explanation. To be clear, I need to DELETE THE ORIGINAL CLOUD ACCOUNT?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Susie said:
    Yes, the reason for creating the new file is that you are unable to delete the cloud account while in the same file. It only allows you to delete cloud accounts of files that are not open at the time you delete them. Then once you switch back to your original data file and resync, it recreates the cloud account for that file.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.