Add a Credit Card Account

dwneas
dwneas Member ✭✭
Where can I find Sams Club (Synchrony Bank) Credit Card (CC) in the add account list?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dwneas said:
    Where can I find Sams Club (Synchrony Bank) Credit Card (CC) in the add account list?
    Hello @dwneas

I am sorry for any frustration caused by the instance selection in the Add Account screen. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, which instances of Sam's Club or Synchrony have you tried thus far? Also, is the credit card in question associated with Mastercard?

I look forward to your answers, and hope to provide further recommendations in the future. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    I have a Sam's Club Master Card which is administered by Synchrony and that credit card is not listed on Quicken.
  • Quicken Jared
    dwneas said:
    I have a Sam's Club Master Card which is administered by Synchrony and that credit card is not listed on Quicken.
    Hello @dwneas

Thanks for getting back to me with more information about the account in question.

I noticed that there is a Synchrony Mastercard instance in Quicken for Mac; have you attempted to link your accounts using this instance? There is also a Synchrony Bank Credit Cards instance, as well. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Jared, yes I have seen those but those two do not link to the Sam's MC link. Here is the link I need "https://samsclub.syf.com/accounts/login"
  • Quicken Jared
    dwneas said:
    Jared, yes I have seen those but those two do not link to the Sam's MC link. Here is the link I need "https://samsclub.syf.com/accounts/login"
    Hello @dwneas

Thanks for letting me know more about this problem with missing instances in the Add Account screen. I am sorry that the URL you access for online banking doesn't seem to match with any of the available instances.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then try to add your Synchrony-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Do you see different instances now? Also note that if the partner card isn't available, the parent company of the branded card would provide the instance for linking accounts; in this case, that should be Synchrony. 

I hope to hear more about your results in the test file, if you have the chance to provide further updates. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Jared, I followed your steps as listed above but the correct Synchrony link is not listed in Quicken's choices.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dwneas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    dwneas said:
    Jared, I followed your steps as listed above but the correct Synchrony link is not listed in Quicken's choices.
    While you may not see the link for Sam's Club specifically listed, we request that you please attempt to connect to Synchrony Bank Credit Cards anyway since Synchrony Bank is Sam's Club's card provider. This has worked for other Synchrony partner cards they have even if the login link is different. While there is no guarantee it will work for your Sam's Club card, we won't know for sure unless we try.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    I attempted to connect to Synchrony Bank Credit Cards but that link isn't the link that the Sam's Master Card uses. All I'm saying is that Quicken does not have the correct link for our card. Thanks for attempting to help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a little weird, but there are several discussions about using Guitar Center Credit Card as a hack into getting your Synchrony credit cards to download.
    If this works or not, I would still contact the 800 number on back of your card or on the monthly statement and ask about how to properly set up downloading from within Quicken.
    Synchrony has so many store credit cards using so many different ways to access credit cards ... IMHO, it's a mess just trying to keep it straight.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dwneas,

I have the same Sam's Club credit card as you.  When you go to through the "Add Account" routine, do you not see this screen?

If not, are you searching just on "Sam's"?  Also, please keep in mind that you don't need to include "master card" in your search for the link.

Get back to us with any followups, or reports.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    I'm somewhat surprised that you don't understand what I am trying to convey. All the solutions that have been posted still do NOT show the correct link to my Sams MC account. I'll just download from the account and forget automatic posting.
This discussion has been closed.