Should I start over anew?

Options
EdWoodbury
EdWoodbury Member ✭✭
I started with Quicken 15 or more years ago. I have old, closed accounts that are out of date and new accounts that are current. Help, please.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What problems are you encountering that cause you to consider starting over anew?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• EdWoodbury
    EdWoodbury Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m a Chase Bank customer. I have old accounts that don’t download and closed accounts with reported negative balances from bad, inconsistent downloads. I also have a business account that is linked to my personal accounts. While setting the business downloads up, duplicate personal accounts were created automatically by Chase, and now Quicken and Chase are changing how downloads occur.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It does sound like you have a mess. You can start a new Quicken file from scratch without affecting the existing file so there's really no risk involved.
    If you want to preserve things like the category list, memorized payees, or security list in the new file, you can QIF export/import those things. Best not to preserve transactions and the account list. Like this. If it comes out badly, no harm, you can do something else.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.