how can I downgrade my current Deluxe subscription to Starter?

John Parks
John Parks Member
How can I downgrade my current Deluxe subscription to Starter?

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    This is from the Support website:
    How do I upgrade or downgrade my membership plan?
    You can manage your Quicken membership in the My Account section of Quicken.com. When you log in with your Quicken ID (email address), go to the Subscriptions section and select Manage Subscription. 

Note: you can only downgrade within the last 6 months of a subscription and it does not prorate so the expiration date does not change.  See full details at:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    One comment about downgrading to Starter, if your Quicken subscription should ever expire, Starter goes into READ ONLY mode.  You will not be able to enter any new transactions into any registers.  Also, Starter only supports Cash, Credit, Checking and Saving accounts.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• John Parks
    John Parks Member
    When I sign in to My Account, the page doesn't look anything like what has been posted in text or the subscription video. I can click on the Manage Subscription link, it opens a page which tells the number of days left and only offers a link to renew which takes you to Billing Info. I cannot see a Change Plan option.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Well I see the screens have changed.  Since they are online, they can be changed without a program update.
    First, when does your subscription expire?  I am not within the last six month so I wouldn't expect to see a downgrade option even is they had not changed but this is what I see now for Change Plan.  

Quicken user since 1995

• John Parks
    John Parks Member
    The expiration date is 4/24/2021
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given my status, I don't have a renewal option yet.  You may want to try chat or call support next week.  An alternative would be to purchase a DVD for Starter and follow the procedure for extending using a retail copy.  Just be sure the retail copy is not labeled for New Users/Subscribers.  I downgraded to Deluxe last December using a retail purchase.

Quicken user since 1995

• John Parks
    John Parks Member
    Thanks for your help.
  • jamsha
    jamsha Member
    I am not given the option to change my Deluxe subscription, only given the option to renew. I am 45 days from a renewal and I am planning on cancelling the Deluxe subscription if I cannot downgrade to Starter. Any suggestions?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize if the subscription for Starter Edition expires, it goes into READ-ONLY mode, so Quicken becomes just a report generator.
    Shop around, you can probably find Deluxe at a good price at a retailer.  Check Amazon and the big box stores.
    To answer your question, contact Quicken Support they should be able to help you if you still want to downgrade to Starter.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jocko
    jocko Member ✭✭
    I have Premier now, got it on a good deal with a two year way-discounted subscription included. And after two years there's stuff on Premier I've never used and I'm not paying the $84/yr subscription. I pay my bills through my Credit Union BillPay service that costs me nothing.

Why is everybody afraid of Starter? I don't need to track anything except downloading my banking transactions and credit card accounts. Don't need any kind of budgeting or retirement stuff ('cause I'm already their). And if everyone is so concerned about your subscription running out then just use the auto-renew feature. Stater has everything I want and nothing more.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jocko said:

Why is everybody afraid of Starter? 
    Because it has all kinds of restrictions that aren't obvious when you look at the marketing hype comparisons.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jocko. - you might also look at the web based separate product from Quicken called SIMPLIFI … though you can’t import your existing Quicken data. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.