Options
Dudleymom
Dudleymom Unconfirmed, Member
Quicken disappeared from my computer. No icon, no files. what do i do now? help

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you do anything to intentionally delete them?  Because your data isn't stored in the program ... it would have to have been deleted separately.
    And, do you have recent backups of the data?
    And, for your most recent install, did you use a CD or download?  In either case, the program can be reinstalled.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you happen to use Kaspersky as your antivirus software?  There is a known issue where Kaspersky thinks a Quicken update is a Trojan Horse and remove and Quarantine it.  I think if this is the case then your only option is to remove Kaspersky or reinstall Quicken and restore a backup file from before the update.
  • erickton
    erickton Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    > @Damian said:
    > Do you happen to use Kaspersky as your antivirus software?  There is a known issue where Kaspersky thinks a Quicken update is a Trojan Horse and remove and Quarantine it.  I think if this is the case then your only option is to remove Kaspersky or reinstall Quicken and restore a backup file from before the update.

First time it happens to me (Quicken 43.14). If you want to keep Kaspersky as your AV:
    - Pause protection
    - Restore qw.exe from KAV quarantine
    - Add C:\Program Files (x86)\qw.exe to AV exclusions
    - Resume protection.
  • erickton
    erickton Member ✭✭
    Options
    Add qw.exe to Kaspersky exclusions.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @erickton - thank you for your feedback.  I have seen many posts on Kaspersky and yours is the first that gives a viable solution without regressing to a prior Quicken version or getting rid of Kaspersky.  
This discussion has been closed.